4 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hydra format card draw events rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Costanza
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A couple of quick questions regarding the resolution of specific cards in Hydra format:

1.) Events such as Inheritance of the Meek have the text "If it is an opponents turn, they draw a card." If this resolves, does the team choose 1 player among them to draw the card, or do they each draw a card? My guess is the former since the "player" is defined as the team. The reason I ask is that cards such as Hasty Retreat specify that the controller of the target attacking champion draws a card. This clearly means a specific player on the opposing team. Is there a significant difference between being the "opponent" and the attacking champion's "controller"?

2.) Blue cards such as Muse have text "You may draw a card" at the start of turn. This only applies to the player that controls the Muse, right?

The second question is maybe just a specific instance of triggers in this format. Although I cannot find the rule for it, my guess is that the actions of my teammate cannot trigger my card abilities. For example, my teammate plays a 1-cost yellow card. My champion's yellow ally ability does not trigger. Is this all correct?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bucheger
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
1. I believe both player's draw, as the wording specifies the current turn player, which is both members on a team. In the case of a specific champion's controller, a champion is controlled by only a single player; in Hydra teammates only share health and blocking, not board state.

2. You are correct. Only Muse's controller draws a card at the start of their team's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Costanza
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

I understand from the rules that the "player" is the 2 (or possibly more) person team that shares health and may attack and block together. My concern in the first question is that a card that says "opponent draws a card" has a more significant drawback in the team game if it allows more than one card to be drawn by the opposing team.

I would have the same concern for discard attacks against a target "player" in this format. Does the play of Thought Plucker cause each player on opposing team to lose a card? Does Psionic Assault cause each player to lose 2 cards? The larger the team is then the larger the benefit to playing such discard attacks. Can that be the intention?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule say that they share the same turn....

Everyone have their own champions,draw deck,discard pile.

So every event card benefit the owner of the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.