Hide
12 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Status of Myth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
Where do we stand with the expansions that we all paid for nearly a year+ ago?
Also when will they update the cards to 2.0 for the other items in the stores..
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
Do you have access to the Kickstarter backer update page? They post information there, but they got burned real bad in the 1st KS with shipping so they tend to not talk about schedules.

The production proofs second wave (Shores and Blackwall) have been approved as of late July/early August. It's safe to figure 6-12 weeks for the production run, another 2-4 weeks for the boat to cross the ocean, then another 2-4 weeks for sorting and shipping. Potential to see the first of Wave 2 shipments in October or as late as December. If the 1st KS is any indicator, depending on where you live in the world you may have to add another month or two to shipping.

I haven't seen any updates about production proofs for the 3rd wave, stretch goals/modules. All the 2.0 updates for existing expansions will come with the third wave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmb
It looks on schedule for now. They already showed the unboxing and we should get the two boxed sets sometime between now and early 2017.

Personally, I don't mind if they take their time. I'd sooner have my stuff a year late that have them rush it. I don't want to buy Journeyman 2.0 cards 'at cost'.

It's Kickstarter, delays are inevitable. Thus far, by their standards, things seem to be going to plan.

It's the final wave of stuff, the enormous pile of stretch goals, that worries me, particularly with Nikki gone. But let's hope for the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep... it's the third wave of stuff that I am curious about. According to one of their latest updates, it sounds like all the miniature sculpts are complete. I would love to hear from MCG with a sense of timing on the final delivery. I did not pledge the first KS so I went in on all the extras in this KS to "catch up".

Hopefully once MCG gives us an update on the status of the Journeyman boxes delivery they will then give us an update on wave 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact I don't really care about JM arriving as I first want to plsy through the modules, at least the Novice-level ones. And that stuff is in wave 3 which I fear is a very long way off. How I wish they could have swaped waves .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson-Wood
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the Quest Expansion Packs 1 and 2, and the Items Expansion Pack 1 two years ago at GENCON. Will they be sending those updated cards in the third wave too, or did I need to repurchase the new sets through the JM- KS in order to acquire the 2.0 sets?

I am also wondering about the other characters (Skald, Tinkerer, Spriggan etc.)....?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a grim view of the future of Myth, especially considering the recent cut back and with Tom leaving. We'll get our JM stuff, but I expect it will be the last expansion for Myth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
Biomage wrote:
I have a grim view of the future of Myth, especially considering the recent cut back and with Tom leaving. We'll get our JM stuff, but I expect it will be the last expansion for Myth.

They've gotten about 5K backers each run, which is a fairly successful niche game. I don't see financially why they'd drop Myth, but they may be tired of it/us.

I've gotten well over 50 solo and group play sessions since Myth 1.0 (minimum twice per month since delivery). If Journeyman, which seems to have just as much (if not more) content, gives my group half as many sessions, I'll consider my Myth money well spent and wish MCG well in their future endeavors; and if at some point they decide to make a Master run with similar quality of sculpts and cards they'll get my money then, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biomage wrote:

There is really no need to have a grim future. Honestly the cutback should have been somewhat expected. Unless you have a constant pipeline of stuff like CMON, the overhead is going to be too much. Level 99 games went through a similar cut back because it just did not make sense to have your own warehouse etc.... with the time between projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkTW wrote:
I purchased the Quest Expansion Packs 1 and 2, and the Items Expansion Pack 1 two years ago at GENCON. Will they be sending those updated cards in the third wave too, or did I need to repurchase the new sets through the JM- KS in order to acquire the 2.0 sets?

I am also wondering about the other characters (Skald, Tinkerer, Spriggan etc.)....?

During the Journeyman KS, there was an announcement that you could request the 2.0 components for these products and they'd be added to your Journeyman KS pledge. To do so, you had to contact Nikki and answer several detailed questions about the text on the 1.0 cards.

I have no idea what the situation is now, if you didn't address it during the Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson-Wood
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
armoredgear7 wrote:
MarkTW wrote:

During the Journeyman KS, there was an announcement that you could request the 2.0 components for these products and they'd be added to your Journeyman KS pledge. To do so, you had to contact Nikki and answer several detailed questions about the text on the 1.0 cards.

I have no idea what the situation is now, if you didn't address it during the Kickstarter.

Thanks for the reply Josh.

I forgot to subscribe to this thread so I lost it for awhile!

I cannot remember what I did. I may have done it but it was so long ago.
I guess if I didn't I will be SOL since Nikki is now gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.