Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

City of Spies: Estoril 1942» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quesion about the cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, under the "PLAYER TURN" section, it states that:

"If you have no remaining cubes, you cannot place tiles for the remainder of the round."

I'm just not sure when a player would end up with no cubes? Don't you always have enough cubes? You always get your cubes back at the end of the round. Is there a circumstance where a player would face this situation, to have no cubes to place thus they can not place a character on the board?

Thanks,
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in a 3 player game, each player gets 4 cubes each round. So each player would be placing an agent 4 times. If some circumstance allows a player to place place 2 agents at once, then they have played 2 cubes during one turn. Once a player has no more cubes for the round, they cannot play the rest of the round even if the other players can.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

"If you have no remaining cubes, you cannot place tiles for the remainder of the round


This happens at the end of the round. This text only tries to make clear, when players have no more cubes, cannot do nothing else, and it's the end of the round.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
So, in a 3 player game, each player gets 4 cubes each round. So each player would be placing an agent 4 times. If some circumstance allows a player to place place 2 agents at once, then they have played 2 cubes during one turn. Once a player has no more cubes for the round, they cannot play the rest of the round even if the other players can.


What circumstance allows players to place two agents at once?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gil orey wrote:
Quote:

"If you have no remaining cubes, you cannot place tiles for the remainder of the round


This happens at the end of the round. This text only tries to make clear, when players have no more cubes, cannot do nothing else, and it's the end of the round.


Alright, thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Quintino
msg tools
At the moment, first edition of the game, I don't know of any circumstance that allows the player to place more than one agent at a time.
However, besides being a good clarification, it may be that in the future, with some expansion, you would be able to place 2 agents. This rule therefore makes it clear that once you are without cubes, your are done and can't place anymore agents.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Orey
Portugal
Cascais
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
At the moment, first edition of the game, I don't know of any circumstance that allows the player to place more than one agent at a time.
However, besides being a good clarification, it may be that in the future, with some expansion, you would be able to place 2 agents. This rule therefore makes it clear that once you are without cubes, your are done and can't place anymore agents.


That's it. I couldn't say it better meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, thank you all for the answers!

The game is awesome!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cro1 wrote:
In the rulebook, under the "PLAYER TURN" section, it states that:

"If you have no remaining cubes, you cannot place tiles for the remainder of the round."

I'm just not sure when a player would end up with no cubes? Don't you always have enough cubes? You always get your cubes back at the end of the round. Is there a circumstance where a player would face this situation, to have no cubes to place thus they can not place a character on the board?

Thanks,


Easy: in a 3 or 4 player game you have more character tiles than cubes. This rule simply states that you cannot place your 2 or 3 remaining character tiles when you have already run out of cubes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan GarcĂ­a
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tlmquintino wrote:
At the moment, first edition of the game, I don't know of any circumstance that allows the player to place more than one agent at a time.
However, besides being a good clarification, it may be that in the future, with some expansion, you would be able to place 2 agents. This rule therefore makes it clear that once you are without cubes, your are done and can't place anymore agents.


Did someone said expansion?? That would be awesome!! meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.