8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games which can be played while lying down? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I've recently had back surgery, so I'm unable to sit up at a table to play games for a couple of months, I tried to the other night and suffered for it the next day. so I'm asking if anyone knows any games I could play while lying down, solo or 2 player. Needs to have a small footprint as it'll be on a bed or a sofa. Any help will be much appreciated. Games I've tried and worked reasonably well are:
Flip city
Tides of madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders & Other Cases

I also play Friday all the time while laying sideways on the sofa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Saint Malo may work as you add choices from dice rolls to you game board by felt tip pen/ dry erase marker ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddball Äeronauts is the first that comes to mind
Tides of Time also a small but good 2 player game
can you lay down any way you want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia Mitchell
Scotland
Renfrew
Renfrewshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never tried them but oddball Äeronauts and oddball Aeronauts 2: Double the Trouble were apparently designed to be played in the hand, without need of a playing surface.

Edit: Hanabi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be a stupid recommendation, but.. Do you have any tablet? I find that there are many great ports of board/card games, that would at least be a solution for the solo part of your question. I understand you would not get the tactile part of board gaming. But at least it would scratch the board game itch a little bit.

Myself I really enjoy the port of Pathfinder Adventure (Card) Game, for example.

EDIT: Hope you get well soon at any rate! Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played San Juan mostly lying down. I think Catan Dice would work well too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Onirim or Onirim (second edition) are great for this. I have played on my lap at a desk, and you can do it in bed. You just need to be able to shuffle the cards reasonably (only thing that might be tough).

Similarly, Friday is pretty good, but you would worry about the shuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.