BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Variation on the board game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Haran
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I have over a ten year or so period designed a number of games based on the miniatures system.Along the way I stumbled into a system of play that transformed the purely miniatures play into a virtual board game where interspersed table markers (1")represents features on the ground.A dice decides which out of a choice of roughly three four.This leaves the player in the position of never being exactly sure of the terrain,topography or infrastructure his unit is on.

There are several relatively short rules covering
Fifteen hundred years,all use the same system with variations to fit scenarios.

So far I am using paper flats which come with the rules.Micro armor and 2mm look good too.

What I am faced with is putting out what is essentially a fifty page or so books bundled with flat armor,soldiers,horses etcetera.The games cover an area of 3 feet by 2 and so while not table games are neither board games.

I am aiming at the casual laissez fair wargamer

Does anyone have any ideas on how best to market this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sears
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mb
My blog: pixygamesuk.blogspot.co.uk covers a lot about marketing so that should cover most of it. There are a few war game Facebook groups you should search for and game conventions for war games. I would suggest getting your game reviewed also and play tested first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.