Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sol's nearest neighbor has a habitable buddy!

http://www.space.com/33837-earth-like-planet-proxima-centaur...

Let's design the mission to prospect it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bow out. Every time I play Interstellar, I'm responsible for the death of the species.

Though won't the fact it's tidal locked and around a star with constant solar flares just irradiate the bejeezus out of it? I can't imagine one side of a rock could handle that kind of stress for too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wonder how planetary weather behaves on a tidally locked planet in the Goldilocks zone... the superheated and frozen sides may well seriously screw up the twilight zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dr.mrow wrote:
Yeah, I wonder how planetary weather behaves on a tidally locked planet in the Goldilocks zone... the superheated and frozen sides may well seriously screw up the twilight zone.

So that's were everything ended up in that TV show. It makes perfect sense since everything was weird and screwed up in the Twilight Zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
dr.mrow wrote:

I would imagine it would be windy as all get out as the cold side tried to get to the warm side.

Then again, it might just spread itself out eventually to an even warmth like Venus. I guess it'd depend more on the atmosphere than the fact it's tidally locked.

Of course, we need to find out if this thing even has an atmosphere. Or if it's near Earth-size. Or actually rocky (it's only presumed).

Still a lot to learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.