Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I arranged a trade with Steve Medeiros of Toronto several weeks ago. It was a slow trade...as he couldn't complete it at the time. However, he approached me later and we proceeded. Its been about a month since my game shipped and I have not heard from him. He hasn't logged onto the Geek in quite a while. He hasn't replied to messages (which I have no way to even know whether he's received...as not everyone has stuff forwarded to their email, etc.)

I'm afraid something may have happened to him. I was due to receive a copy of the new Medici version. I'm not even that peeved if the trade falls through....except I'd like to know whether or not to go ahead and try to obtain a copy elsewhere.

Do you know Reloaded (Steve Medeiros)? Is he OK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, if he shipped via ground-based post (as opposed to airmail), then it could take 4-6 weeks before you see your game. It took a month for LeValet to get a game to me this way. Cross border shipping can be very slow. Things can get tied up in Customs for a while, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. I've experienced similar things with Canadian trades in the past. He never "shipped" via the Trade Manager and hasn't logged to the Geek since March, or answered a few emails. He's just kind of vanished. Its possible he shipped the game, but I think he was intending to have the game delivered by a US online company..since he didn't actually have a copy of Medici. (I traded him Bang!, High Noon and Dodge City.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
Right. I've experienced similar things with Canadian trades in the past. He never "shipped" via the Trade Manager and hasn't logged to the Geek since March, or answered a few emails. He's just kind of vanished. Its possible he shipped the game, but I think he was intending to have the game delivered by a US online company..since he didn't actually have a copy of Medici. (I traded him Bang!, High Noon and Dodge City.)

So the question is in the nature of "does anybody know if Reloaded was hit by a car recently?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much. His trade history is not extensive, but its been exemplary prior to this...including at least one trade with someone local to me. I doubt this is a big scam to get a free copy of Bang!, but it is unusual that he just quit checking the Geek. At least...I find that unusual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I just checked his profile, and he's a member of the Toronto Area Boardgaming Society. You could drop them a line just to ask if anybody knows if he's ok.

http://www.tabsonline.net/modules.php?name=Feedback

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I've already done that, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to add the conclusion to the story:

I registered at a Canadian gaming site where he is a member. I think Steve's personal life became very busy (which he'd mentioned to me) and he simply forgot about our trade. Anyway, someone contacted him and he immediately mailed the game. I went to the post office today to receive a sealed copy of Medici, exactly what we'd agreed on. The trade took a little time and patience, but I'm happy to report that Steve was not the victim of a cruel tragedy (as far as I know). I'm happy with the trade result, since I'd indicated I didn't mind if the trade took some time to come to fruition.

Thanks to everyone that helped he and I get in contact. I'd trade with him again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.