Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Combat tiers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philippe Franck
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing i'm surprised is the lack of epic monsters that actually evolve during a fight.

Cynder is very obviously inspired by world of warcraft. So clearly someone at ffp used to do 40 man raids. Why didn't they implement that idea?

I think it would be super cool. Basically you get 3 monster sheet with different power and when the posse kills one stage the fight moves on to another monster sheet with different skills and new power.

I don't have Belial yet so I may be asking for something that already exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I don't have Cynder, so I don't know much about it. I am curious though as to what makes that set reminiscent of World of Warcraft?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Retro_Gamer_22 wrote:
I don't have Cynder, so I don't know much about it. I am curious though as to what makes that set reminiscent of World of Warcraft?

Google "Molten Core".

Totally agree that a raid type boss with multiple "phases" would be off the charts cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are actually 3 different versions of Beli'al in his enemy pack so this could be easily implemented:

Version 1: There's a card called "Shade of Beli'al" that removes 5 of his abilities and reduces his health to 5x the number of Heroes.

Version 2: "Mines" Beli'al. In this form his health is 25 + 10 per Hero, and he has access to nearly all of his abilities.

Version 3: Cynder Beli'al. Same as Mines Beli'al, but with 2 additional "Lord of Cynder" abilities (there are actually 3, but the third one just grants extra Loot to the Heroes so I'm not counting it).

So off the top of my head, a multi-part raid could start in the mines, fight the Shade of Beli'al after you find the first Clue, fight Mines Beli'al and find a portal to Cynder (or a different Other World if you don't have Cynder) when you find the second Clue, and finally, fight Lord of Cynder Beli'al when you find the third Clue token in the Other World.

One of his Lord of Cynder abilities requires lava tiles, so you could sub in an Elite Ability if you don't have Cynder. You could also add Elite Abilities to further differentiate the versions. You also might want to introduce some way for the Heroes to heal between fights if you intend for them to fight all 3 versions of him in the same mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
Retro_Gamer_22 wrote:

Google "Molten Core".

Totally agree that a raid type boss with multiple "phases" would be off the charts cool.

Um, WOW is definitely not the first game (or the last) to have a lava level.

Other than the fact that they're both lava levels, I don't see any relationship between molten core and cynder.

Though belial totally looks like a Diablo angel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
United States
Riverton
NJ
flag msg tools
"That's totally rancher gear! I need it for the +str" (said about every drop before rolling.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
Exo Desta wrote:
Retro_Gamer_22 wrote:

Google "Molten Core".

Um, WOW is definitely not the first game (or the last) to have a lava level.

Other than the fact that they're both lava levels, I don't see any relationship between molten core and cynder.

I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with any similarities. It was simply an answer to the man's question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chasissa D
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great idea!

SabastianBludd wrote:
There are actually 3 different versions of Beli'al in his enemy pack so this could be easily implemented:

Version 1: There's a card called "Shade of Beli'al" that removes 5 of his abilities and reduces his health to 5x the number of Heroes.

Version 2: "Mines" Beli'al. In this form his health is 25 + 10 per Hero, and he has access to nearly all of his abilities.

Version 3: Cynder Beli'al. Same as Mines Beli'al, but with 2 additional "Lord of Cynder" abilities (there are actually 3, but the third one just grants extra Loot to the Heroes so I'm not counting it).

So off the top of my head, a multi-part raid could start in the mines, fight the Shade of Beli'al after you find the first Clue, fight Mines Beli'al and find a portal to Cynder (or a different Other World if you don't have Cynder) when you find the second Clue, and finally, fight Lord of Cynder Beli'al when you find the third Clue token in the Other World.

One of his Lord of Cynder abilities requires lava tiles, so you could sub in an Elite Ability if you don't have Cynder. You could also add Elite Abilities to further differentiate the versions. You also might want to introduce some way for the Heroes to heal between fights if you intend for them to fight all 3 versions of him in the same mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Franck
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belial looks like Ragnaros. Even the fluff is close. And it's an awesome reference.

I love the Full Belial mission idea. Sounds truly epic to me.

Also we need Chtun. Maybe as a Targa end boss? And Onyxia as a standalone encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pfranck wrote:
Belial looks like Ragnaros

Hmm... Ragnaros looks like an on fire guy in heavy armor, Belial is a cloaked figure with bat wings...

I don't see it.
But hey, go nuts :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.