5 Posts

Last Night on Earth: Blood in the Forest» Forums » General

Subject: Can BitF be played with the original set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fibrovascular Membrane
msg tools
Hello people,
I have only the base set (original game)and would like to buy an expansion to add some fun. However I live in Brazil and it´s very expensive to get these games. BitF set has the coolest scenarios and zombies for me. I know this expansion was made to TP set, but I don´t have it and doesn´t want to buy (it seems like it´s a reboot with characters i already have etc...)
The point is, The new mechanics like experience etc...do they work well with the original one? Plus, Do you recommend another expansion to mix even more like GH ou SotF set?

Thanks once again!
Best regards!
Renan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - did it yesterday and it works fine. BUT, you might be better looking at Growing Hunger or Survival of the Fittest as a first expansion.

Grumbs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fibrovascular Membrane
msg tools
Thanks!!!!
But why do you recommend do buy GH or SotF first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
renanschiebel wrote:
Thanks!!!!
But why do you recommend do buy GH or SotF first?

SotF adds nice new stuff like barricades, unique items so adds some new twists.

GH adds lots more of the same stuff giving you more locations and heroes.

Both give you new hero/zombie cards.

BitF gives you more space to play on (the forest, obviously), some nice new zombies and the experience thing but, IMO, it's not nearly as game-enhancing as the others.

Grumbs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
BitF is also technically the expansion for Timber Peak so it plays off the woods theme.

Sure, it does add an extra ring to the map but it also plays off the experience system the base game doesnt have.

I agree with grumbletweezer, SotF adds new gameplay elements and GH adds to the existing content.

these are the way to go based on preference

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.