Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the rules very unclear about this please help my understanding

The rules state you can move one naval or move one army, but also state you can move all the forces in one town?

Can you move units from multiple spaces in every turn?

Help explain movement in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only move army units from one town to another...you don't have to move all of them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
You can only move army units from one town to another...you don't have to move all of them though.

And units that start in the same town that turn can move to different towns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Cat - No Cradle
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Meoww
mbmbmb
If you get one army/navy movement pick a single location and move that group (or subset thereof) up to the indicated number of spaces.

Example: US Regular forces (blue)turn: 1 army moves 3 spaces.

I select a location. It happens to have 2 blue cubes and 5 white cubes. As long as I include at least one of the blue cubes, I can move all or some of those cubes 1,2, or 3 territories away.

indigoindigosugarsugarsugarsugarsugarEEE

indigosugarsugarsugarsugarsugarEE

indigoindigoEE

indigosugarsugarE

Are all valid moves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No Cat - No Cradle
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Meoww
mbmbmb
Eldard wrote:
MayorJim wrote:

And units that start in the same town that turn can move to different towns.

Only if the card allows multiple movements

Example: 2 Armies move 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fennic wrote:
If you get one army/navy movement pick a single location and move that group (or subset thereof) up to the indicated number of spaces.

I select a location. It happens to have 2 blue cubes and 5 white cubes. As long as I include at least one of the blue cubes, I can move all or some of those cubes 1,2, or 3 territories away.

indigoindigoEE

indigosugarsugarE

Are all valid moves

This is the Columbia block game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wargamer55 wrote:
Fennic wrote:

:indigo::indigo::sugar::sugar::sugar::sugar::sugar::arrowE::arrowE::arrowE:

:indigo::sugar::sugar::sugar::sugar::sugar::arrowE::arrowE:

:indigo::indigo::arrowE::arrowE:

:indigo::sugar::sugar::arrowE:

Are all valid moves

The above white/blue info is all for the Academy Games 1812 - The Invasion of America, a good game in it's own right.

For the Columbia Games game you are allowed to make ONE ARMY MOVE in the Army Phase. That one Army Move may include moving any or all blocks located in one town. See 6.0.

I think the confusion is that you can only move one Army move verses one block. The one Army move allows multiple blocks to move providing they all start in the same town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pvi99th wrote:
wargamer55 wrote:
Fennic wrote:

indigoindigoEE

indigosugarsugarE

Are all valid moves

The above white/blue info is all for the Academy Games 1812 - The Invasion of America, a good game in it's own right.

For the Columbia Games game you are allowed to make ONE ARMY MOVE in the Army Phase. That one Army Move may include moving any or all blocks located in one town. See 6.0.

I think the confusion is that you can only move one Army move verses one block. The one Army move allows multiple blocks to move providing they all start in the same town.

so you can't move any/all units in any number of towns? You must only pick 1 town and move any/all units therein?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct. But, note that if you have more than one block starting from a town, then each could go to a different town...not all need to go from one town to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Richards
Australia
Mittagong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:
I find the rules very unclear about this please help my understanding

The rules state you can move one naval or move one army, but also state you can move all the forces in one town?

Can you move units from multiple spaces in every turn?

Help explain movement in this game.

Make sure you have the latest rules http://www.columbiagames.com/resources/3002/1812-rules.pdf

Each move turn you can make one naval move, followed by an army move. The naval move is either a build or a move not both, the army move you can move any number of blocks from the same town. You can split them and move them in different directions.

So you actually get one naval AND one army as opposed to what you typed as one naval OR one army.

Hope this helps. This is a gem of a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
That's correct. But, note that if you have more than one block starting from a town, then each could go to a different town...not all need to go from one town to another.

so I could choose 1 town with units in it to move, then choose to move some of my units in completely different directions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes...that's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel,
Think of it in this way.

You activate a town.

The units in that town could move together or separately to different towns. Some could even hop across a lake to another town if naval units were already in control of the lake!

Note though...the more you divide up your forces the harder it becomes to move then in the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.