$35.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Quick question: How big is the Captain's Booke (physical dimensions)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the subject says, what are the dimensions of the Captain's Booke? I ask because I was toying with the idea of obtaining a (cheap) leather cover for it. You know, bling the game out just a bit.

I found this cover, which is an awesome fit in terms of theme and budget -- but I'm virtually certain it wouldn't fit physically, even assuming I added perforations as necessary.

So, does anyone with a copy also have a tape measure?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a standard US 8.5" by 11". Same as the rulebook.

BTW, the front and back covers fold out, which could be another issue with putting a cover over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq,

That is too beautiful NOT to use. I am sure you could find a suitable use for it even if it is not for the Captain's Booke.

Hmmmm - I wonder if they come in the five player colors - one for each player! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonCat wrote:
Becq,

That is too beautiful NOT to use. I am sure you could find a suitable use for it even if it is not for the Captain's Booke.

Hmmmm - I wonder if they come in the five player colors - one for each player! cool

Actually, I was thinking about using it to keep notes on the campaign, for session reports. Dunno if how well that will work, as I tend toward focus on the game, but its not like I'm out of pocket much.

As to colors, I've seen them in green, light blue, darker blue (could be used as purple), red, and grey, so yes, you could have one for each player, should you want to. Just search for "leather journal nautical" and you should see a wide variety of sellers with a seemingly identical products. Note, however, that while they appear virtually the same, the sizes vary somewhat, so make sure you know what you're getting.

One slight quibble I had (and possibly nobody else might care) was the direction labels on the compass rose (and almost every seller used the same stamp). N, NE, E, ES, S, SW, W, WN (ie, they had east-south and west-north instead of southeast and northwest. It's possible that may even be historically accurate, but it disturbed my former boy scout sensibilities. I finally found one that didn't do that, and ordered it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
the direction labels on the compass rose (and almost every seller used the same stamp). N, NE, E, ES, S, SW, W, WN (ie, they had east-south and west-north instead of southeast and northwest.

All the pictures I checked on the Amazon page you linked to have the usual NW/NE/SW/SE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.