Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Campau
United States
Mt Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What suggestions do any have on how best to print out this map?
Maybe best isn't the right phrase, but easiest?

This probably goes for most PnP files, but I don't really know how to do something bigger than 8.5 x 11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I do a lot of printing with UPS and Staples. They laminate and cut my stuff out most of the time.

This is probably not the cheapest option, but it is right next to my place of business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Campau
United States
Mt Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The file is split into two pages. Can they take that file and make a single page map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to a big box store then the service you get might be limited to the abilities of the 20 year old clerk who happens to help you. If you take it to a professional printing shop, the kind who only does printing and developing, they will listen to what you want and make sure that's what you get. It might cost a few dollars more but I've had to return to places like Staples on a few occasions to get the corrected prints because the staff shrunk to fit or used the wrong kind of paper despite my instructions.

Or you can just open it up in the gimp or similar and cut it into pieces no larger than 8x10" so you can print it easily if you have the facilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I usually use the OfficeMax near me. They get it wrong about half the time if I don't side check and correct each step (sometimes they insist on not letting me check/correct). Fortunately I don't pay for those cases, but they do waste my time -- which can be a significant problem. But...if I do sidecheck them, I can get exactly what I want with a minimal wait and a modest cost and in the process they usually learn something useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What JR said. I use a small print shop near me. For most stuff I can now use their self-service PCs and print to the big, fancy color printer/copier. It will handle up to 11x17. Any larger specialty sizes, or services such as binding I let them do.

For 1836jr, the map is split across two letter pages with a big overlap. So, printing and assembly should be relatively easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.