31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: Friday Night/Saturday afternoon Gaming in Wisconsin Dells rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luscious Loser
msg tools
I will continue to update this space with dates of the next Game Night at Trinity in Wisconsin Dells! Our next game day will be Saturday, March 4 at 1:00pm Anyone is welcome to join us, even vacationers.

This is my original post:
I am looking to see if anyone is interested in playing games some what regularly on Friday nights in Wisconsin Dells.

I'll host at the basement of my church which is Trinity Lutheran Church at 720 Church St. in Wisconsin Dells. We could meet starting at 6pm and go until midnight. The first night I can host is Friday, September 2, but that is Labor Day weekend. The second night I can host is Friday, September 9. So for now I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in playing board games with me on either or both Fridays in September. Feel free to reply to this thread or send me a Geekmail. If you are interested in what might be played, check out the listed games I own.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to play with you soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Re: Friday Night Gaming in Wisconsin Dells
Friday, Sept. 2 is coming up fast! Hope to see you there. If you have a game request let us know! I'll also provide some chips and soda to enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Leuzinger

Baraboo
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry for such a late response, I would love to attend on the 9th. School just started and I have a wedding on Saturday so Friday the 2nd is out for me.

I hope the 2nd goes well.

Have you received much of a response offline?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
I totally understand. I will look for you on the 9th! I haven't received any response offline, but I have to start somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Leuzinger

Baraboo
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Checking in, any thoughts on games. Also curious about age suggested, I play a lot of games with my daughter (age 9) She has attention span to play games that top out about an hour. Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and Dominion are some of her favorites. Would this be an ok event, or were you hoping to keep to adult ages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Caffeine Buz wrote:
Checking in, any thoughts on games. Also curious about age suggested, I play a lot of games with my daughter (age 9) She has attention span to play games that top out about an hour. Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride, and Dominion are some of her favorites. Would this be an ok event, or were you hoping to keep to adult ages?

Bring her along! At least my 10 year old son will be there to. I'll have games for whoever shows up, adults and kids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Join us this Friday, September 9 at 6:00pm at 728 Church St. in Wisconsin Dells! These game pieces are hoping you come and use them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy P
United States
waconia
MN - Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! In an effort to get my group up and going I used the BGG Search Users by Zipcode option.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmap.php?action=usersearch&coun...

It looks like there are about a dozen or so local gamers in a 20 mile radius of you.
I sent out a friendly GM/PM to the users near me to let them know about the game night we were starting, figuring some people just don't check the local forums.

Hope this helps and good luck on your game night!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Special thanks to those that came out on Friday, Sept. 8! We were able to teach and play Ticket to Ride and Galaxy Trucker!

Our next game night is Friday, September 23 beginning at 6pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
I picked up some frozen pizza for any one to eat for tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed y'all. We were there last week, and caught the opening day of Wo-Zha-Wa.

It is such lovely country, and I think my wife wants to retire there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Bummer that we missed you. Hopefully, you enjoyed Wo-Zha-WA and ate a walking taco while here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools

The good news is that one of these games in this pic got played on Friday.
When should our next game night be? Maybe Oct. 14?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Leuzinger

Baraboo
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Starting tonight at 6pm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Yep, coming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We plan to make a trip to the Dells happen soon. Can we crash your group when that happens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Absolutely, we would love for you to join us as long as our dates match up. Let us know when you will be in town. Right now we are meeting every other week or so and we are a small group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Fun Night on Friday, Oct. 14!
Three people played: Agricola, Love Letter: The Hobbit – The Battle of the Five Armies, Machi Koro, and then two people played 2 games of Splendor.

We are going to try a Saturday and see how that works for people. Next game night at Trinity Lutheran will be Saturday, Oct. 29 beginning at Noon. I believe I will have pizza for all who show up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Leuzinger

Baraboo
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How late are you planning on playing? I was hoping to come out, but was going to take the kids to Baraboo for some pumpkin painting on square first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
I'll be around all afternoon. Come by when you can. Bring the kids too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
It was a good day of gaming on Saturday afternoon in the Dells. We were able to play: Splendor twice, Bohnanza, and 7 Wonders Duel.

It looks like Saturday afternoons might work a little better than Friday evenings. After checking with the church's schedule, the game day will be Saturday, Nov. 19 at 1:00pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Leuzinger

Baraboo
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The 19th is openning day of Wisconsin gun deer hunt I will have to miss on gaming to freeze in the woods watching squirrels play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Caffeine Buz wrote:
The 19th is openning day of Wisconsin gun deer hunt I will have to miss on gaming to freeze in the woods watching squirrels play.

Have fun. Unfortunately, the church was not available this coming Saturday as we have a funeral. I hope you enjoy your time hunting and get a big buck. I'll post our next date as soon as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luscious Loser
msg tools
Our next game day will be Saturday, Dec. 10 beginning at 1pm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.