Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob s
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've tried to find the answer to this question multiple times without any luck in the rule book or posts on here.

Two-part question:
1. If I draw the treasure chest card during a campaign quest and receive an item in the chest, do I get to keep the item for the duration of the campaign or just during that mission? The rules in opinion were vague in that they mention discarding the search cards, but I'm not sure it specifically mentioned the item cards that you draw. I ask because I drew a good weapon and honestly don't want to give it up if I'm not intended to.

2. IF the answer is yes that I am allowed to keep it, how do you add the item to your inventory through RTL?

Thanks! Sorry if this has been asked. I am a complete Descent noob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Armstrong
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you're supposed to remove those cards when playing with the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
RtL instructs you to remove Treasure Chest, Secret Room and Nothing cards from the search deck. If you include them, how you handle keeping a Treasure draw is up to you. I've fiddled with the idea of adding Treasure Chest to my RtL games and just keeping whatever draws, but that can mess with Shop draws in town. Or you can pretend the shop draw featuring a card you already have doesn't happen.

You can also pretend that the drawn card is priceless, so not being able to sell it in-app is a non-issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob s
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
RtL instructs you to remove Treasure Chest, Secret Room and Nothing cards from the search deck. If you include them, how you handle keeping a Treasure draw is up to you. I've fiddled with the idea of adding Treasure Chest to my RtL games and just keeping whatever draws, but that can mess with Shop draws in town. Or you can pretend the shop draw featuring a card you already have doesn't happen.

You can also pretend that the drawn card is priceless, so not being able to sell it in-app is a non-issue.

Oh, I recall that in the tutorial campaign, but thought that was only for the tutorial not all RTL campaigns.

So, in a live/in-person campaign would you keep the item?

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
In the PDF under setup it also instructs you to remove the cards in question (Setup, "Prepare Table Components")

As for what I would do? Keep the Treasure card this run. If it comes up during shop draws in Tamalir, ignore its presence there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slamin Perfect
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandT wrote:
foxreinard wrote:

Oh, I recall that in the tutorial campaign, but thought that was only for the tutorial not all RTL campaigns.

So, in a live/in-person campaign would you keep the item?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, you would keep it.

Always playing as overlord in campaigns prior to this I hate the treasure chest and feel it should not only be removed but burned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.