GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,061 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: US and Turkey to invade Syria rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.globalresearch.ca/dangerous-crossroads-u-s-invade...

Libyan style "no fly zone" for Syrian & Russian aircraft. This will not end well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may end well. Neither Assad nor Putin wants to engage in combat with the US Air Force. So, they will probably leave the Kurds alone, which would be a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The US want to protect whatever rebel group we support at the time. I can't imagine we'd be stupid enough to shoot down a Russian jet, Syrian yes, Russian no. If it was confirmed we shot down any Russian planes, they have enough anti-air missiles to make it a no fly zone for any country.

I am surprised that there wasn't more repercussions over the Russian rescue helicopter being hit with a TOW missile a few months ago, so what do I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steven1mac wrote:
The US want to protect whatever rebel group we support at the time. I can't imagine we'd be stupid enough to shoot down a Russian jet, Syrian yes, Russian no. If it was confirmed we shot down any Russian planes, they have enough anti-air missiles to make it a no fly zone for any country.

You are right, the US does not want to shoot down Russian jets.

But we don't want the Russians bombing the Kurds. The point of our warning is to make the Russians nervous enough so that they don't bomb the Kurds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
They're under some delusion Hillary can win.

Who's going to win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Won't happen.

They're under some delusion Hillary can win. Even the most deluded would concede this would kill her chances.

Hillary doesn't need to win. Under EO 13603, Obama can remain in office in the event of emergency, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/middle-east/china-enter...

Add China to the mix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I swear to God, I'm not sure how to unknot the Russian shills from the Muslim apologists from the anti-American conspiracy theorists.

The OP's article is from Al-Masdar "News" as passed along by GlobalResearch.ca. The former is an Arab mouthpiece rag that lies by definition. The latter is an anti-American, 9/11 conspiracy theorizing, everything are the Jews' fault online waste of photons.

Who the frick is Captain Jeff Davis. Isn't he a minor Defense Dept. spokesman from like 2 years ago.

Do the comments sound like they come from a US Defense Dept. spokesman. Do none of you puppets have the common sense to google the Defense Dept. itself. Koldie, I'm surprised at you.

Honestly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah another military 'policing' adventure for the US polticians to be able screw up * and then run away from.

* in this case they may have to work a little harder than normal but I'm sure they will manage it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
1, What confirmation of this is there?
2. If true, somebody's selling the US a load of goods. There's no way in hell Turkey would do anything to protect the Kurds. Turkey, ISIS and Iran are their major enemies, and from what I've seen and heard, the animosity with the Turks is the most virulent on both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Proposal:

If you think that Turkey is going to protect the Kurds, I dare you to walk into a crowd of Turks and shout, "Biji Kurdistan!" ("Long live Kurdistan!" in Kurdish). Make sure your medical insurance is paid up first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Proposal:

If you think that Turkey is going to protect the Kurds, I dare you to walk into a crowd of Turks and shout, "Biji Kurdistan!" ("Long live Kurdistan!" in Kurdish). Make sure your medical insurance is paid up first.

The war in Syria has become a collection of local tribal fights. Goups can be non-belligerents in one place and fighting each other in others.
Turkey is doing this primarily to prevent two Kurdish enclaves linking up, allowing a Kurdish state all along the Turkish border all the way to IRAQ. Such a statelet would inevitably cause the Kurdish majority in the Turkish border lands to become harder to govern.
The lack of a Kurdish state was a bad error in the settlements at the end of the First world war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenPerkins wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Won't happen.

They're under some delusion Hillary can win. Even the most deluded would concede this would kill her chances.

Hillary doesn't need to win. Under EO 13603, Obama can remain in office in the event of emergency, etc.

One of the stupidest comments ever on RSP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
This may end well. Neither Assad nor Putin wants to engage in combat with the US Air Force. So, they will probably leave the Kurds alone, which would be a good thing.

Except that the Turks will bomb the shit out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
BenPerkins wrote:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/dangerous-crossroads-u-s-invade...

Libyan style "no fly zone" for Syrian & Russian aircraft. This will not end well.

Well, that's a "legit site".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Who's going to win?

Good one.

I still refuse to give a thumb until it slips off the front page.

I need a translation on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Who's going to win?

Good one.

Biden, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So who are we fighting now?

For fuck sake we need to leave the hell alone, we are bombing side A whose is fighting side B&C C Is also fighting A and D is fighting everyone. E is allied to A but also Attacking U who are supplying arms to B,C and D some of whom are allied with E against I, which is nothign to do with this war. C is at war with T who also hates A and D bit less then C and who is also allied with U.

For fuck sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Who's going to win?

Good one.

Biden, of course.
I think he has Biden of more then he can chew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

I swear to G-d, I'm not sure how to unknot the Russian shills from the Muslim apologists from the anti-American conspiracy theorists.

The OP's article is from Al-Masdar "News" as passed along by GlobalResearch.ca. The former is an Arab mouthpiece rag that lies by definition. The latter is an anti-American, 9/11 conspiracy theorizing, everything are the Jews' fault online waste of photons.

When word of this invasion came out, there were few reports available online - hence why I used those examples.

Today there are more sources available. Example:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/216865

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
Scheiß Inselaffen!
mbmbmbmbmb
BenPerkins wrote:
isaacc wrote:

I swear to G-d, I'm not sure how to unknot the Russian shills from the Muslim apologists from the anti-American conspiracy theorists.

When word of this invasion came out, there were few reports available online - hence why I used those examples.

Today there are more sources available. Example:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/216865

Mmm. . . Note the differences in title between this article and those of your thread and original link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turkey is in this first and foremost to push back the Kurds. They never cared much about IS, at least until the latter started bombing Turkish targets.

That the US is acting in support means that, as usual, the Kurds ran out of luck (and allies).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
Turkey is in this first and foremost to push back the Kurds. They never cared much about IS, at least until the latter started bombing Turkish targets.

That the US is acting in support means that, as usual, the Kurds ran out of luck (and allies).
Just as in WW1 they are going to be abandoned for political expediency.

If we think Turkey is going to make this better we are very much mistaken. This is a land grab, make no mistake about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.