Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the production copies will be in our hands within a few weeks! Nicely run Kickstarter.

I've been having a blast with play-by-post games, but honestly I had to take a break. Continual thinking about my ongoing games was messing with my sleep! Really spectacular game, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news and a testament to Sirlin's planning. Here's hoping the game makes the splash it deserves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
Good news and a testament to Sirlin's planning. Here's hoping the game makes the splash it deserves.

Does anybody know, if this is like a late pledge and will include all the kickstarter stuff, like the token cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the late pledge should come with everything, but I am not sure if it is too late for it.

Sirlin can really run a no bs kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you buy the Deluxe Set from his shop, you should get the full deluxe pledge (albeit a bit more expensive (and a lot more expansive in Germany)).

Just look at the "What's in the box?" section. I did not notice anything missing from the kickstarter list.

Looking forward to the game. I've had a blast with the PnP files so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mays
United States
Highlands
TX
flag msg tools
For those who did not buy the kickstarter sleeves. Which sleeves would you recommend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grandarc wrote:
For those who did not buy the kickstarter sleeves. Which sleeves would you recommend?

The sleeves are still available for pre-order if you want official ones.

As for non-Codex sleeves, I would recommend Dragon Shields, but they might be a little more expensive than you'd like for the quantity of cards that you have to sleeve. I know of some other players who prefer KMC sleeves, but I can't vouch for them personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Burns
msg tools
Grandarc wrote:

I've not played codex yet, but based on what I've heard from reviews and my own experience with Mage Wars (which introduced the binder-as-deck concept), I would recommend using perfect-fit sleeves. Full-sized sleeves can tend to get caught in binder slots, making it difficult to take cards out (and easy to accidently take the card out but leave the sleeve behind). Perfect-fit sleeves avoid this problem. One potential caveat is shuffling. There is no shuffling in Mage Wars, so I'm not sure how well perfect-fits stand up to shuffling without full-sized sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
There is no need for perfect-fit sleeves. The binders are specifically designed to make it easy to put in cards / take out cards that are in normal sleeves. They have enough space in the pockets to help with that and the top of all the pockets are cut off, which makes it a lot easier to slide cards out. The official sleeves are the same size as Dragon Sleeves. If you don't want the official ones for some reason, I've personally found Dragon Sleeves to be the highest quality alternative (though some prefer KMC).

Also just a footnote, but Codex was not inspired by Mage Wars in any way. The mechanic Codex uses for binders was in place years before Mage Wars was even known to the public, or to me (remember, Codex has been in development well over 10 years now). I'm not saying anyone claimed otherwise or that it would even matter, but just mentioning it for fun. Also, Mage Wars uses the binders to give you a big HAND of cards. Codex uses them to house the cardpool you build your DECK with (not hand cards), so it's not even the same mechanic. If I have misrepresented Mage Wars somehow, very sorry, I've never even played it or looked at it.

----

Thank you to OP here and all our backers! Even I was surprised that we are going to be able to ship the Kickstarter rewards this early. This is our fifth out of five Kickstarter projects shipped on time! I can't wait until you all finally get the game in your hands and can have the intense battles that my playtesters and I have loved for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
David, I was not a Kickstarter backer but I did place a pre-order for the Deluxe Set through your website. Will these orders be shipping out directly after the Kickstarter orders are fulfilled? If so, or even if not, do you have an estimate as to when this will be? Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Phillips
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Same question here!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
This is question best suited for Ship Naked actually. But my understanding is that pre-orders will ship about 1 - 2 weeks after Kickstarter backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo GIlabert
Spain
madrid
madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just got an email with a notification that they will ship the game. I ordered a deluxe and live in Spain, so im not holding my breath...Well actually, Im kind of holding my breath..CANT WAIT!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
thechyper wrote:
I just got an email with a notification that they will ship the game. I ordered a deluxe and live in Spain, so im not holding my breath...Well actually, Im kind of holding my breath..CANT WAIT!!!

Was this a Kickstarter order or was it placed afterwards via the website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gonzalo GIlabert
Spain
madrid
madrid
flag msg tools
mbmb
it was kickstarter, i think pre-orders wont be out till october..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jung hyun jun
South Korea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyone who received their pre-order deluxe copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
jgundamh wrote:
Is there anyone who received their pre-order deluxe copy?

I don't think they've quite shipped yet. I'm guessing they actually leave the warehouse and hit the trucks this week or next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
Seeing as the Deluxe sets appear not to have shipped yet and we are now a week into September, with a KS listed "esimated delivery" in November - the thread title is imprecise. This is only shipping roughly 2 and a half months early. Considering that it's praiseworthy for a KS game to even ship on time; it bugs me waaaay more than it should that the update boasting about ahead-of-schedule shipping felt the need to overpromise by a couple weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my shipment notification for my deluxe set. Scheduled to arrive in NYC tomorrow.

And oh my, could people be more nitpicky? Plenty of people have gotten their non-deluxe shipment already. So I'll stand by my thread title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharpo Bject
United States
flag msg tools
I just got an email telling me I would receive 144 lbs of Codex. That sounds like something I may regret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nothing here. While I'm on the East Coast, I'm in the South, so I'd expect it a little later the New England folks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sharpobject wrote:
I just got an email telling me I would receive 144 lbs of Codex. That sounds like something I may regret.

What is that, like 8 deluxe sets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
Just got my shipment notification for my deluxe set. Scheduled to arrive in NYC tomorrow.

And oh my, could people be more nitpicky? Plenty of people have gotten their non-deluxe shipment already. So I'll stand by my thread title.

I think it's more that people are excited to play this game. I know I am. I haven't received even a peep regarding my package actually being shipped, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
jasonwocky wrote:
And oh my, could people be more nitpicky?

Yes, I really really can.

There are so very many little things that annoy me about this game:
* Keywords missing from the rulebook while the keyword index includes terms which were cut from all cards;
* the way the chosen set of colors corresponds to nothing at all;
* the racist overtones of white being good and black being evil in a setting where the good guys supposedly champion diversity;
* the way that various logistical realities make having pledged for the Deluxe set on KS seem to have been a suboptimal choice (it's cheaper to preorder direct, it's quicker shipping to have pledged less for a smaller set);
* the tendency of obscure rules questions to be handled with a dismissive "it's obvious" instead of a clarification or even a useful collation of online rulings;
* the misplaced antecedent on Whitestar Grappler;
* more you can find elsewhere on teh interwebz;

BUT

At the same time, I know those are all *little* things, and I am whole-hog excited about the big picture of having a buy-once CCG-like with enough diversity and customization to last for years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am confused by your white/black complaint... Is this really a racial overtone? White vs Black to represent Good vs Evil has been like a cultural staple for thousands of years.

I mean I understand that culture could be racist... But I don't think white/black are actually based on a racial foundation. I feel like it has more to do with light and darkness or sun and moon type understandings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.