Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had this idea, didn't polish it. Sharing to see what you think.

A variation with only one change from the game: you can block a space by placing there a wrong die, but you can't do the action neither.

Example: A rolls bad, like 122 and B rolls very good like 665. A goes first. He can use one of his dice to block place 17. (Meaning: he places, say, the 1 there, but he won't get the resources.)

The idea is to let people with very bad rolls fight against people with very good rolls in the same turn. When the discrepancy were small, they will likely play "normally".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see competitive gamers liking the variant a lot. It seems to me more suitable for 2 player games, otherwise you're burning one of your dice and still you're not damaging all your opponent.

I, personally, would rather try to get the best out of my unlucky roll than blocking my opponent, but I can understand competitive gamers thinking in a different way.

thanks for the idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your reply, Andrea!

I think that trying this variant won't hurt. No one is forced to do this action. A player with 665 will still have good options with 17 blocked. So players would discover while playing if it's a good thing.

At least, I'll try some day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.