Subject: None of this is real. You are part of a simulation.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why a simulation of reality is necessary at all. It seems to me, if it is simply possible to make a simulation (or a reality) that is like we are experiencing, then we will experience it whether it is real, simulated, or even neither.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So, bacon and bacon aroma aren't real. I don't think so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
If we are living in a simulation ... can we please reboot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that there are some bugs in my version that I wish to report, specifically the hair rendering routine:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
I think that there are some bugs in my version that I wish to report, specifically the hair rendering routine:

And your shirt pattern is kinda glitchy. Looks like a corrupt jpg got in somehow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
So future society eventually breaks down and runs a simulation of their past ancestors, but how do we know we aren't living through the first run through of the events and not the simulated version? Also, why bother running a simulation of the past if the current version of us are struggling to survive? For funsies? Or to see if things play out better or differently in other simulations? Or is it all to see what happens if certain events get changed or inventions invented?

Anyway, I feel that if I were to make a simulation, things would be a lot more awesome like rainbows instead of farts and teleportation and stuff and there would be much less suffering, disease and famine. Just me though. Then again, who's to say that this is the only simulation, maybe there are thousands of simulations running different programs and somewhere out there is a world where teleporting people fart rainbows and fight their wars with dance-offs instead of bullets.

Also that means when I'm playing video games, someone is playing me, I'm playing another character and that character in Stardew Valley is playing a video game where they are playing another character in another game... woah maybe it's just video games all the way down!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne mathias
United States
Niceville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the simulation platform has been running perfectly for all time now - but the macro quantum expressions are still a work in progress - especially in biologics which keep generating some variant of humans.

But technicians expect to have these glitches resolved shortly and we should be opening (freewill variant) Universe 2.5 to early playtesters within the next few eons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meega, nala kwishta!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet there are some fun Steam reviews of it.

Paying bills, illness and ***tty family members. 8/10 Would regret life choices again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Me nah play no 'ide and seek
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that theory was debunked quite awhile ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the off chance it is a simulation, I'm spending all my moneys on board games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.