Subject: List of games by "weight"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I see individual games have a rating for weight/complexity on their pages. Is there someplace where a master list (an equivalent of the popularity ranking list) is available?

My apologies if it's someplace obvious but I've looked and I can't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Lee
Australia
Leichhardt
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This and this might help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Rouser
United States
Johnstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the links, but what I think he was asking for and what I was looking for is a way to have BBG sort it for us so that it is up to date. The people who put together those geek lists did great work, but they only include games that were in print at the time they were compiled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
Well, you can filter by weight using the advanced search. But as far as I know, there is no way to rank games by weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zedeemia wrote:
This and this might help?

Thanks, they do help. But Mason's right; I was hoping for a master list.

jujulautre wrote:
Well, you can filter by weight using the advanced search. But as far as I know, there is no way to rank games by weight.

At least now I know such a list doesn't exist and it's not just a matter of me being unable to find it.

I'm somewhat surprised though. It seemed like an obvious thing the board would have set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can output to a flat data file your collection including all stats including weight. So There probably is the option in the API calls somewhere, or you could create a dummy account and add ALL games to it's collection and then output that...but I wouldn't recommend that for the effort involved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.