Subject: Quill Implant Takeover by Vegas and Drill Implant questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hello.
So, two questions came up tonight in our game of Mephisto vs Vegas (Vegas won).

1) If a Vegas Agitator takes over a Quill Implant, can it then attack the Mephisto HQ? Quills are extensions of Mephisto, so would taken over Quills be extensions of Vegas's HQ? If so, that would make Quill attacks ineffective against Mephisto itself.

2) The Drill Implant says any unit can be moved to any hex. So, A) Can you rotate when you move to another empty hex? and B) If you can rotate, can you NOT move to another hex and just activate it to rotate?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

1) To the best of my understanding, this means the Quills cannot be used on Mephisto's tiles as he cannot attack his own tiles even if they're in Mephisto's attack range.
But I'd argue that, if for some weird reason you ever need to kill off a tile of your own, I guess you can activate the Quill to put a Quill marker on one of your own units.

2) There's no rotation when using the Drill.

Cheers
M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
MichallusTG wrote:
Hey,

1) To the best of my understanding, this means the Quills cannot be used on Mephisto's tiles as he cannot attack his own tiles even if they're in Mephisto's attack range.
But I'd argue that, if for some weird reason you ever need to kill off a tile of your own, I guess you can activate the Quill to put a Quill marker on one of your own units.

2) There's no rotation when using the Drill.

Cheers
M

Ah! I thought the Quills would now belong to Vegas HQ. I hadn't seen it like that.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Herda
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But again - I don't have the last word on this. Feel free to push this question further upstream as it's a fairly interesting question.

But then again - Vegas's HQ can't hit Mephisto anyway, so you'd have to resort to kicking its modules out.

Fun stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.