Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ornelles
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since an attacker must have double the number of steps of the VALUE OF THE FORTRESS I am not sure why there would be any value for a defender to enter a fortress. It seems like it would make it easier for the attacker to destroy the units while they are inside the fortress. How do defending units inside the fortress add to its defense? Not seeing it in the rules....am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Åkerlund
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

One reason would be for inferior force to delay the capture of a province and/or avoid or delay its own elimination. For a larger force that isn't clearly inferior there's little to gain and pitched battle may be preferable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mull
United States
Woodland Park
Colorado
flag msg tools
I see two reasons for an inferior force to hide inside a fortress:

1. Hope the attacker rolls Honours and the force comes back as free reinforcements rather than having to be rebuilt.

2. If they are in an unblockaded port space it might be possible to transport them out by naval transport before the attacker successfully sieges the fortress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.