JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm running a Mega Civ game for benefit of the Louisiana Flood Relief Fund on Labor Day. I've got room for about 9 more players as of posting.

http://www.classy.org/megacivBR

Our intent is to let players buy poker chips for $1 each before the game - all of the money goes to the LFRF - to use in-game for currency and to avoid calamities.

Additionally, I'm asking players to pair with sponsors to donate $1/point scored at the end of the game.

If you'd like to play and can't find a sponsor, I've got some folks who are willing to pitch in.

If you want to play, please comment here and/or send me a DM - I would love to have your help in helping our neighbors going through a tragic time!

- JR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're going to play Mega Civilization and raise money for our neighbors who are in desperate need! Baton Rouge and surrounding areas were hit with major, once-in-ten-lifetimes flooding, and their needs are immediate and major. We at DFW Nerd Night are going to do what we do best - play games - and help our friends out there as best we can.

We're playing Mega Civilization on Labor Day (September 5th) at Collected Comics in Plano, TX, and raising money through this page during the game.

Players team up with sponsors to raise money in these ways:

Player/sponsor teams can donate money before the game starts. For each $1 donated, players recieve a single poker chip that can be used to research technologies or avoid calamaities during the game.

Sponsors agree to donate $1 for each point scored by their player at the end of the game. This typically ranges from 70 to 150 points.

Friends and bystanders can donate through this page, which goes directly to the LFRF.

Help our friends in Louisiana deal with terrible circumstances by supporting your friends in an epic game of Mega Civilization!

(Note for Mega Civ players: YES, we will be taking the "Flood" calamity out of the game!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.