Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game a few weeks back and have been learning basic mechanics via the solo rules. Some questions:

1. What happens when the AI (Shere Khan) doesn't have enough rupees to pay me for placing a card due to my tribes present? Does the card get discarded?

2. Second question is more an observation. It seems that the solo rules only really work via having a different starting loyalty than Shere Khan and never changing your loyalty (as the units you put on the commerce/army mode will count against you making it much harder to gain supremacy by having more than Ottomans and 2 empires).

The easier way to play seems to be to have the same loyalty as Shere Khan and then just gain enough influence to beat him on the topple. You don't really have to do much to the board but go heavy intel so you can assassinate loyalty prizes, gifts and patriots.

Anyone played the solo alot that can speak to your experiences?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wasserman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding #1, most of the solitaire rules discussion seems to take place in the comments on the file. I had a similar question and Ricky clarified that SK does not pay to place cards, only to take them from the market. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/133637/pax-pamir-solitair...

Regarding #2, I've only played the solitaire rules a few times, but it does seem much easier to compete on influence instead of supremacy. However, always taking the easiest path isn't necessarily the point of solitaire play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.