$20.00
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only tried Tigris & Euphrates and Battle Line, and love both at two. Even though T&E is rated less highly with two, and Battle Line is designed solely for two, I think T&E is still the far superior experience. I was wondering how people rate/rank his games with two! Very interested in trying more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find that info on the game page for every game. As the vast majority of gamers play exclusively with their partners at home, i.e. 2 players, it is certainly one of the most important parts of the game pages, and certainly the first thing most people look at after the game rating.

Here are the votes for some of Knizia's games for 2 players

Tigris & Euphrates
Best Recommended Not Recommended
13.8% (50) 52.8% (191) 33.4% (121)

Qin
45.2% (14) 54.8% (17) 0.0% (0)

Keltis
22.2% (14) 60.3% (38) 17.5% (11)

Ingenious
63.8% (153) 35.0% (84) 1.3% (3)

Blue Moon
95.6% (65) 4.4% (3) 0.0% (0)

Amun-Re
0.0% (0) 0.8% (1) 99.2% (128)

You can see there are some split opinions. Eg some people thing Keltis is "best" with 2 players, yet some people think it is "not recommended" with 2 players.

Some unusual person thinks the 2 player game "Blue Moon" is not best with 2 players, but just recommended with 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samurai

41.3% (92) 54.3% (121) 4.5% (10)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the Desert is best with 2.

Ingenious and Ra are very good with 2.

Blue Moon City is pretty good with 2. It plays fast, but it seems like something is missing if you don't have at least 3 people trying to fill up the tiles.

Lord of the Rings is a game we wish was better with 2 players. I don't like trying to play multiple characters, so it stays on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have:

Tigris and Euphrates - Haven't played it yet

Lost Cities - Obviously good with two but it's a two player game

Battleline - Same as above

Ingenious - Not a big fan of this one. It does play great with two though

Through the Desert - I think this one excels at two. I've played with more and it is still fun but two player is super strategic and offers great decisions to make.

Ra - Have not played with two yet but this was an instant classic for me. Absolutely love this game. My family hates me though because I call "Ra" almost every time it gets back to my turn.

Amun-Re - Haven't played it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slightly Alive
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carcassonne bores me.

Knizia's two-player-only riff on it, Carcassonne: The Castle, is a fantastic and engaging game, and never leaving my collection. Doubly so since it's out of print and I'm not holding my breath on a new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bradelli wrote:
You can find that info on the game page for every game. As the vast majority of gamers play exclusively with their partners at home, i.e. 2 players, it is certainly one of the most important parts of the game pages, and certainly the first thing most people look at after the game rating.

Here are the votes for some of Knizia's games for 2 players

Tigris & Euphrates
Best Recommended Not Recommended
13.8% (50) 52.8% (191) 33.4% (121)

Qin
45.2% (14) 54.8% (17) 0.0% (0)

Keltis
22.2% (14) 60.3% (38) 17.5% (11)

Ingenious
63.8% (153) 35.0% (84) 1.3% (3)

Blue Moon
95.6% (65) 4.4% (3) 0.0% (0)

Amun-Re
0.0% (0) 0.8% (1) 99.2% (128)

You can see there are some split opinions. Eg some people thing Keltis is "best" with 2 players, yet some people think it is "not recommended" with 2 players.

Some unusual person thinks the 2 player game "Blue Moon" is not best with 2 players, but just recommended with 2 players.

Thanks! Yeah, I've checked the recommendations for each game, but that didn't quite capture what I was looking for. As I mentioned above, I'd rate T&E really highly (a 10) with 2p, and above Battle Line. That wouldn't be captured by the recommendations page, so I wanted to see what people individually rated each game at 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Gendron
Canada
Chambly
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Moon Legends is incredible, the total package: deep hand management, combos, a real tug of war, great art, deck customization, dragons. It's all in there.

I can't say highly enough of this gem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.