Pax Baltica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is retreating and/or regrouping hidden information? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niko Nitovuori
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just two small questions: when a group of blocks retreats during or after a battle, are the blocks turned upright (hidden) before or after retreating? And also same question for regrouping, are the blocks hidden when they regroup, or does the enemy see the regroup movements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, hide your blocks before retreating or regrouping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Nitovuori
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Scott, didn't expect this fast answer, but it seems you do the daily forum check still

One thing that caught my eye while browsing through rules questions: I think you've given two contradicting answers regarding special envoy activation and the 1700-1703 tournament rule of not activating nations.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1163042/rules-questions-reg...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1439182/activation-special-...

I'd go according to the latter answer "Tournament rule takes precedence" so special envoy doesn't work during 1700-1703. Is it then re-rolled or just ignored?

Best Regards,
Niko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm subscribed to the forum here, naturally

As for your Special Envoy question, I see that I have contradicted myself. The rules do not cover this situation. If playing casually, I would allow the special envoy, but in a more strict environment I would say the tournament rule takes precedence. How's that for covering all the bases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Nitovuori
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if I'm playing casually and my opponent isn't?

Anyway thanks for the answers, I think we'll leave the Special Envoy out of job for the first 4 years to prevent game-changing surprises at the start of the game.

PS. Subscription doesn't guarantee or generate answers to questions, so I really do appreciate your fast responses here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.