Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, a quick question for this one, that is already answered rule-wise, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong, so I'm submitting for review.

Beware, this question has spoilers if you never fought a DBK, so keep reading only if you know what I'm talking about.

The DBK AI Card "Boiling Resin Spit" asks you to perform "Baller" right away, then toss the Dung Ball in front of you.

Now, the problem comes when you, as you usually should, separated the DBK from the Dung Ball. In green AI cards, there is usually a "X" reaction that must be performed when the DBK is not adjacent to the dung ball, and that makes always sense. In this particular card, there isn't.

So, in a scenario like this:

blankblankblankblankblankblankblankblankblankblank
blankblankblankblankKKblankblankblankblank
blankblankblankblankKKblankblankblankblank
BBblankblankblankblankblankblankblankblank
BBblankblankblankblankblankblankblankblank

(where K is the DBK and B is the Dung Ball), when its turn starts, you cannot Push Forward since it is separated, you draw AI and draw Boiling Resin Spit, and basically the DBK does not move, the Ball does not move and, RAW:
- you make the DBK turn
- you make a Baller around DBK.
- you put the Dung Ball in front of the DBK
- you spit the Ball forward

This is how I played it, and it is devastating, especially because it's the only case I encountered (but there are other green AIs without the "X", so I may not have yet encountered all of them) in which this Baller comes out of nowhere, and you are actually punished for having separated the DBK from the Ball.

So, the question(s) is(are):
- Did I miss something that makes the cards play another way?
- Do you feel that the "X" reaction is missing because of a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.