GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,789 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Feedback on corrections rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A while ago, I noticed that Winter Tales is classified as a 'book'. Owning the game and having played it a couple of times, I can safely conclude that it is not, in fact, a book. I even read the BGG definition of a book, but that's not a match either. So I decided to edit that classification out.
The thing that bugs me a bit, though, is that I'm getting no feedback on the correction whatsoever. The item wasn't updated, and I have no idea to see if the correction hasn't been handled yet and is still waiting, or was rejected. I entered it a second time, but still nothing happened. Is there an indicator somewhere to see where it is in the approval process? Note that I'm certainly not expecting an actual manual response, as it would obviously be way too much work to do that for the number of edits that probably happen on a daily basis. But having any idea of what to expect would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Corrections sometimes take a few days or even weeks, I have noticed.

I'm not aware of any visible queue or place to monitor submitted corrections, alas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selamat pagi,
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Corrections can also take years.

Wormaap wrote:
Is there an indicator somewhere to see where it is in the approval process? Note that I'm certainly not expecting an actual manual response, as it would obviously be way too much work to do that for the number of edits that probably happen on a daily basis. But having any idea of what to expect would be nice

You'll get a notification in your geekmail. Normally it's just to say a correction was approved or declined, lamentably with no reminder of what the correction was about, whether it was approved in its entirety or just in part, etc. Sometimes the admins that process the corrections can also send clarification requests or instructions depending on the nature of the correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
You'll get a notification in your geekmail. Normally it's just to say a correction was approved or declined, lamentably with no reminder of what the correction was about, whether it was approved in its entirety or just in part, etc.

Yeah, that lack of reminder what it was about sometimes drives me nuts. ("I submitted a correction for this game? I wonder when, and what it was about!")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies Then I'll just wait for a Geekmail to appear. It's been a couple of weeks, but I can be patient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.