Subject: Higher card number in lower player count rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doron F-N
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've played this with some friends at 4 player count and we found it too easy, have anyone experimented with adding more cards to the table at lower player number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Anciano
Philippines
flag msg tools
Dogfreeman wrote:
Hi,

I've played this with some friends at 4 player count and we found it too easy, have anyone experimented with adding more cards to the table at lower player number?

I wouldn't play with less than 5 evidence/weapon cards per player at 4. It just makes it too hard for the murderer. The game is easy to adjust in this manner to balance for your play group, so depending on who's winning more just add or remove cards as needed. It works great such that the game is still enjoyable even at low player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's only 3 investigators and 1 forensic scientist, I'd suggest dealing out 6 of each card to everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others, the lower the player count, the more cards each player should have. It's a very easy adjustment to make, doesn't break anything in the game, and you can suit it to whatever balance works for your group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buttons McBoomboom
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The very first time we played this it was with four players. We were all learning the game for the first time and after s few rounds, we went with 5 of each. That small change made a big difference in balancing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Anciano
Philippines
flag msg tools
Another way to improve the game for low player counts is to randomly select the Forensics at the start using Chawzi or dice (or even just rotate the role) then deal in an extra investigator role.

For example, there are 4 players, one is the FI, then you deal 3 Investigator and 1 Murderer cards for the remaining three. This way it's possible there is no murderer. The FI effectively becomes the murderer.

The FI retains his Clue and Murder cards and chooses as usual from them in case no murderer is drawn; this makes the game much more interesting and unpredictable at low player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.