Subject: A strange game... (no restriction on extra influence) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I qualified for a face to face tournament and the most unusual rule was the extra influence on initial placement:

-Only US can get it
-Can bet from 0 to 6 points
-The extra influence can be put anywhere in the world

Did anyone ever played like this?

Where should you put the influence(s)?

My idea was India or Afghanistan; or N.Korea if i have Asia in hand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using the Optional Cards, bid 2 Influence and put them both in Iraq Iran.

That is probably the most common way to play right now.

However, the restriction is usually that he US player must place the extra influence where there is already US Influence. I've never seen a rule that says you can put it absolutely anywhere.

I'd have to know what was in my hand, but I'm not sure I'd put it anywhere else though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
If you're using the Optional Cards, bid 2 Influence and put them both in Iraq.

That is probably the most common way to play right now.

However, the restriction is usually that he US player must place the extra influence where there is already US Influence. I've never seen a rule that says you can put it absolutely anywhere.

I'd have to know what was in my hand, but I'm not sure I'd put it anywhere else though.

Iran is definitely a good choice (I'm sure Michal meant Iran instead of Iraq), but I like the idea of India. Gives great access to SE Asia and India/Pakistan. I'd probably split between Iran and Pakistan if I had two, but to be honest I wouldn't want to give US more than one extra influence with this format. To be honest, I find it much better to only let US place where they already have influence. I've also never seen 6, even before optional cards when experts would sometimes bid 4 or even 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.