Days of Ire: Budapest 1956» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing Revolutionary cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got a question about the 2nd example in p12 (conflict ruleset) or p10 (Zhukov ruleset)
I agree that the example is not legal. But what would be the legal example in this case.
1- Blue/Red get 1 card each, Yellow gets 2 cards and the 5th card is lost?
2- Blue/Red get 2 cards each and Yellow gets 1 cards.

Regarding how the rules is written
Quote:
If an even distribution
is not possible then a player may be given one more card
than any other player.
I think that the legal example would be the 1st one (1 card is lost), but maybe it would be good to write it clearly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
senik wrote:
I got a question about the 2nd example in p12 (conflict ruleset) or p10 (Zhukov ruleset)
I agree that the example is not legal. But what would be the legal example in this case.
1- Blue/Red get 1 card each, Yellow gets 2 cards and the 5th card is lost?
2- Blue/Red get 2 cards each and Yellow gets 1 cards.

Regarding how the rules is written
Quote:
If an even distribution
is not possible then a player may be given one more card
than any other player.
I think that the legal example would be the 1st one (1 card is lost), but maybe it would be good to write it clearly?

Hi there!
To answer your question, a proper legal case is the 2nd one. In addition, any of the 3 players could get 1 card and the otber 2 players 2 card. So 2-2-1 in any combination.

"A player" means that blue is a player and red is a player, so the scentence applies to both, both have 1 more than yellow and no more than the other, making the case legal. We do know english is not a perfect language, and "a" can mean both "exactly one" and "any". The reason we didn't write "any player", because then the scentence would read:
"then any player may be given one more card than any other player"
And to that, several people went "huh, what again?". Maybe because of the 2 "any player" in a single scentence. For some reason "a" worked better.
Now you mention it, it might have been a good idea to write how to make it legal it under the example. It's in the print now (yay!), so maybe in 2nd print
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denis sauzedde
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.
In fact the words taht made me think my 1st example was the right one was the "one more card".
But in fact it could also be "one less card", because this is the case in a "2-2-1" distribution

Anyway, much happy to know that there is no time to change that because printing has started kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.