Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the "no one said that this was going to be easy" department, we just found out that several copies of THE SCHELDT CAMPAIGN went out missing their six six-sided dice. A lot of gamers probably already have six-sided dice laying around, but that's very much not the point. If your copy is missing the dice, please let me know! We'll either send you the dice separately (we'll cover the shipping, of course!), or we'll send you a special coupon code for $5 off your next purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice customer service, Tom - but the last thing I need in my house is more dice! Hopefully my copy will arrive today.

Thanks!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully my copy will arrive soon too. whistle

Speaking of dice: IMHO there should not be six-sided dice sent in most games, this is a waste of good dice material. Heck, we all have hundreds, of not thousands of the things already. Seriously!

Speaking of the game: I realized this morning that I think I forgot to order an extra double set of counters (gasp!), how can I do this now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly wouldn't take you up on that, Tom (have not received mine yet), but very standup of you to make it right. I'm sure a small thing like that is a huge PITA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Hopefully my copy will arrive soon too. whistle

Speaking of dice: IMHO there should not be six-sided dice sent in most games, this is a waste of good dice material. Heck, we all have hundreds, of not thousands of the things already. Seriously!

I hear your argument, but I dunno-- I think if I buy a game, I want it to come with everything I need to play it. Though it's not like I'm packing in four coffee cups to use for chit-pulls for Agricola, Master of Britain. Maybe I just like dice.

Quote:
Speaking of the game: I realized this morning that I think I forgot to order an extra double set of counters (gasp!), how can I do this now?

Like, just a second set of the counters, not a second copy of the game? We don't offer that through the site, but if you send an email to hollandspiele at gmail dot com we can definitely work something out, just charging you what we actually pay for the counters.

I believe the game you ordered has already been packaged to be shipped to you. But we can always have it bundled with your next order (assuming you order another game from us, no pressure!) so you wouldn't have an extra shipping cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks Tom. I will write tomorrow. Hopefully my game is not shipped yet. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy made it to MO today, sans dice. I have plenty of dice so there is not problem for me to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Excellent, thanks Tom. I will write tomorrow. Hopefully my game is not shipped yet. meeple

Hi Carl, I just checked with the printer and it did ship out this morning, unfortunately. Don't worry, we'll figure something out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
licinius wrote:

Hi Carl, I just checked with the printer and it did ship out this morning, unfortunately. Don't worry, we'll figure something out.

Noooooo!!!! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not able to find ANY e-mail addresses to get in touch with the publisher on their web site. No "input" customer system either. So I guess that I'll have to pass on the extra counters.

Anyway the new edition counters seem to have four "side knobs" to hold them in places on the counter sheets. Those are really hard to remove cleanly, I much prefer "standard" corner knobs. Let's see what I can do with these when I get the game (Gasp...). I do hope you'll change that system eventually. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
I was not able to find ANY e-mail addresses to get in touch with the publisher on their web site. No "input" customer system either. So I guess that I'll have to pass on the extra counters.

Hi Carl-- we'll see what we can do to make it easier to find our contact info on the site. That said...

tomrussell wrote:

Like, just a second set of the counters, not a second copy of the game? We don't offer that through the site, but if you send an email to hollandspiele at gmail dot com we can definitely work something out, just charging you what we actually pay for the counters.

Quote:

Anyway the new edition counters seem to have four "side knobs" to hold them in places on the counter sheets. Those are really hard to remove cleanly, I much prefer "standard" corner knobs. Let's see what I can do with these when I get the game (Gasp...). I do hope you'll change that system eventually. soblue

Well, they're thicker, laser-cut counters, not the thinner die-cut ones, so even with corner nibs, they're going to be incredibly difficult to "clip". That's one of the trade-offs going with the laser-cut counters, unfortunately. I'm not sure if there's a way to mitigate it, but we'll look into it.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Harper
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game arrived yesterday without dice. But I have plenty, so no need to ask for the coupon, although I appreciate the offer. Game is nicely produced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:

Well, they're thicker, laser-cut counters, not the thinner die-cut ones, so even with corner nibs, they're going to be incredibly difficult to "clip". That's one of the trade-offs going with the laser-cut counters, unfortunately. I'm not sure if there's a way to mitigate it, but we'll look into it.

Thanks Tom!

If I find a way to successfully cut out those counters cleanly, I'll let you know. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my game yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by the counters: nice and thick, the side nibs are a no-issue.

They are a bit dark and it would have been nice to have the Allied divisional IDs on them but it's a very minor issue. If there was one thing I could change it would be to make the values ion the counters a tad smaller.

If I have the time I might just redo all the counters in a different style. But then I'm a counter maniac, and my grandfather fought in that campaign...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.