Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is now up for pre-order:
https://academygames.com/games/pre-order

Pre-Order '1754 Conquest - The French and Indian War' at $65 and receive the following with your game!
•Limited! Designer Signature Decal
•Limited! '1763 Treaty of Paris Board'
•Four Piece Wooden Card Holder Set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

What is a Treaty of Paris board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 1775, there was a Treaty board where you placed each treaty card that was played. I assume this is the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Academy games think they can sucker me into buying a THIRD game on a system I think is one of the most innovative resulting in games that are fast but with many replays giving numerous hours of fun?

How stupid do they think I am???

Pre ordered whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What is a Designer Signature Decal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys

I thought I read somewhere that the 879: Vikings game would be kick started and that this game (1754) would be added as a stretch goal?

Is that correct or should I pre-order this game now direct with academy and then see what happens with 879?

Love this game system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
karstenengelmann wrote:
What is a Designer Signature Decal?

It is a decal with artwork from the game with a whitespace at the bottom where the designers autograph it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few online retailers have November/December listed for a projected release, but BGG lists 2017. Any news if this will be coming out this year or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
1754 and 879 will be printed at the same time, however, as Nigel pointed out, only 879 will have a Kickstarter campaign.

Expecting the Kickstarter to start within the next couple months, which sadly will mean the product won't be on shelves until early 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Scheuber
United States
North Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simba28 wrote:
Hi guys

I thought I read somewhere that the 879: Vikings game would be kick started and that this game (1754) would be added as a stretch goal?

Is that correct or should I pre-order this game now direct with academy and then see what happens with 879?

Love this game system.

I just read this in the forms for 879: Vikings. I took it as since they will both be released around the same time they will have a pledge or add-on to include 1754: Conquest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what i thought as well. Being a novice at kickstarter and being in Australia delivery is very expensive. So would i be better to wait for 879 get the stretch goal and get both at the same time. Possibly with cheaper delivery? Or are delivery costs the same so just preorder 1754 and Kickstart 879.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

You mean a purchase level, right? I can't imagine they'll offer a $60 stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Zwart
South Africa
KwaZulu-Natal
flag msg tools
Sometimes this hobby just controls me!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also pre-order on Amazon at $45.99 - "Expected Release: November/December 2016. Date subject to change."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turcan
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Ughhnn I'm gonna throw a tantrum and cry about having to wait!!! Been longing for another installment in this series, and I'm happy they aren't skipping this war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philipz wrote:
You can also pre-order on Amazon at $45.99 - "Expected Release: November/December 2016. Date subject to change."

Looks like the numbers have changed at Amazon:

1754 Conquest - The French Indian War by Academy Games
$74.99+ $15.99 shipping
In stock on January 31, 2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simba28 wrote:
Hi guys

Love this game system.

I have the same concerns as Nigel... but having just looked at Amazon's price, it is not an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for 1754 ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As an owner of 1775 and 1812, I know this game is mechanically similar (movement cards, dice effects, etc.), except for presumably certain rules and some game-unique card text. That said, Academy does not show enough info to entice gamers unfamiliar with this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fletcher
England
flag msg tools
I must go down to the sea again
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Eduardus vult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Academy website offers these clues:

The latest entry in the series introduces:

*New 'Forts' mechanics which allow defenders an opportunity to negate hits in battle.

*A new muster system for Native American forces which makes strategic alliances more dynamic and game changing.

*New Harbor regions that govern regional reinforcements from British and French Regular troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The website also notes a "Native Alliance Expansion". Does that mean there will be an expansion for this game needed to add a Native American faction? I must be misreading something here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sushidog wrote:
The website also notes a "Native Alliance Expansion". Does that mean there will be an expansion for this game needed to add a Native American faction? I must be misreading something here.

I saw that as well when I pre-ordered awhile back. My assumption was that it was included in the game. I could be incorrect.... but it seems from the way the game is listed it would be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Densham
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Rodney you are correct.

Preorders get:

Base game
Native expansion
Treaty board
Card holders

Pre-orders ends this weekend, shipping should start on Monday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.