Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks.

Looking for a new game, I was thinking about Fields of Arle as I mostly play Heavy Euro with my wife, so 2p only.

However I already own Caverna, which seams to be very likely... I know it is not "exactly" the same, but are differences big enough to justify owning both Cavernaand Fields of Arle? (and also to justify I buy a new game to my wife! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kakawette wrote:
Hi folks.

Looking for a new game, I was thinking about Fields of Arle as I mostly play Heavy Euro with my wife, so 2p only.

However I already own Caverna, which seams to be very likely... I know it is not "exactly" the same, but are differences big enough to justify owning both Cavernaand Fields of Arle? (and also to justify I buy a new game to my wife! )

I think they are completely different. You should have both. Plus an expansion for Arle is coming out next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, Arle is very different. Sadly it's only for two, we'd play it a lot more id it went 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Green
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, the two games a very different.

Definitely worth trying out Fields of Arle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of Arle replaced Caverna for us. We only ever played Caverna with 2 players, so when FoA came along, we enjoyed it a lot more, and sold Caverna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Baldan
Brazil
flag msg tools
I own Agricola, Ora et Labora, Fields of Arle and despite the theme, they are very different when it comes to gameplay. You should really give it a go for Fileds, it's one of my favorites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Another affirmative. Fields of Arle is my favourite of all his works. I like Caverna, but I LOVE FoA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably go ahead and pre-order A Feast for Odin too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
You should NOT try Fields of Arle, because if you do you'll be kicking yourself for having spent that much money on Caverna, and nobody wants that kind of anguish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another recommendation for Arle. I preferred it to Caverna.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
YES BOTH!

ARLE = Better!!!! :D

favorite games
1. ginkgopolis
2. arle
3. caverna

:D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you can find and afford it, get Arle. I like Caverna, but prefer the non-fantasy/real-world theme of Arle, and Arle for us is a nice, relaxing, prolonged after dinner's nightcap that slides perfectly into a dang good night's sleep of peaceful dreams,,,,,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all those replies!

(Yes feast for Odin is already in my buy list )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it won't matter as you're already sold on Fields of Arle and you mainly play two player, but I've never found a better solo experience than Fields of Arle. That includes solo only games, along with Robinson Crusoe.
Some people don't like the sandbox nature of the game, but the more you play the more you start to realize how the buildings interact and really point you in a particular direction.
Just an amazing game that keeps getting better the more I play.
I'm happy to hear an expansion is coming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it might have already been mentioned above but...
YES!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Jenkins
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized I should have this in my collection the week after I got back from Dice Tower Con where I had passed versions in Cool Stuff's Ding and Dent Sale. Now I am kicking myself as it is out of print and you cannot find it at a reasonable price. RAWR!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Richards
United States
De Pere
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyjenks wrote:
I realized I should have this in my collection the week after I got back from Dice Tower Con where I had passed versions in Cool Stuff's Ding and Dent Sale. Now I am kicking myself as it is out of print and you cannot find it at a reasonable price. RAWR!!!

Try FLGS's, sometimes you'll find copies collecting dust.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.