$20.00
$60.00
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about how to implement the seeded randomizer for the AvX scheme in Civil War when it comes to league play. Specifically, how much control would players like when you have two or more hero slots open to choose from?

Poll
1. When AvX comes up in league play, I would prefer to...
Follow the normal hero selection pattern. (Selecting 2, 1, or 0 heroes based on when the match happens in the season.)
Break the pattern and allow for 3 heroes to be selected.
2. In a match where I can choose two heroes, I'd like the match set up so that I can...
Choose 1 hero for each team.
Choose 2 heroes on one team, and let the other roster already be pre-filled.
Either option is fine.
3. In a match where I can choose three heroes, I'd like the match set up so that I can...
Choose 2 heroes for one team, and 1 hero for the other, filling them out the way I want.
Choose all 3 heroes for the second team, allowing me to choose which team I bring to the game.
Either option is fine.
      19 answers
Poll created by TravelSized

It's worth pointing out that this will be the first scheme that I've had to write any custom code for, as everything else is managed through an ridiculously large (and slowly growing) control panel which has allowed me to implement every other scheme in the game so far. Since this scheme will require me to break a lot of rules, I thought it might be worth getting some feedback from other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Better idea: Just use Unleash the Power of the Cosmic Cube, because when you get right down to it, that terrible scheme is actually MORE interesting than this terrible scheme.

Twists 1-7: Maybe get a wound, if you HAVE to recruit from 2 different teams, but most likely nothing happens since you have 3 different heroes to choose from to avoid this slight inconvenience.

Twist 8: You lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might just be better to not have that scheme used in a league. Just a thought, FWIW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also considered that just to skip the work, but I like what the team restriction does to hero selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Weidlich
msg tools
runnestrand wrote:
Better idea: Just use Unleash the Power of the Cosmic Cube, because when you get right down to it, that terrible scheme is actually MORE interesting than this terrible scheme.

Twists 1-7: Maybe get a wound, if you HAVE to recruit from 2 different teams, but most likely nothing happens since you have 3 different heroes to choose from to avoid this slight inconvenience.

Twist 8: You lose.

It's just a bad solo player scheme. It does get slightly more difficult if you are using the divided heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.