Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Gil can weigh in on the thinking behind why interactive cards are left out of the 2p game. I would think that the 2p game would be the perfect place to use them and NOT so much in games with 3/4/5p since you might be picking on the person who isn't winning. In 2p, since hurting your opponent means that it's directly helping you, I just found it to be a curious decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Maybe Gil can weigh in on the thinking behind why interactive cards are left out of the 2p game. I would think that the 2p game would be the perfect place to use them and NOT so much in games with 3/4/5p since you might be picking on the person who isn't winning. In 2p, since hurting your opponent means that it's directly helping you, I just found it to be a curious decision.

Having played it a bit and seen some of the cards, I think the reasoning could be in what you mentioned - just flipped around a bit:

The interactive cards are a way of the players who are behind chipping away at one person in the lead. The person in the lead would likely not want to go for them, since they are already in the lead and picking on a weaker player (say P1 picking on weaker P3) is leaving an open door for a third/fourth/fifth player (P2) to just strengthen their position by being out of the conflict. (not hurt by the move - P3, or not hurt by opportunity cost - P1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's only one interactive card that lets you specifically pick on a player (Network Defection), and even that is so situational that it's usually going to affect the player who has the best star, not a player negotiated through metagaming.

But enough of the cards are most interesting with multiple opponents, like Executive Producer (advance in turn order), Knockoff (leech off someone else's timeslot), or even Network Defection (exchange stars with someone else). With only one other opponent, those cards don't play as well.

So for ease of setup and simplicity, they're all for 3 or more players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Gil. I'm hoping to play this with varying player counts and see how it holds up. I have little concern that it will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.