Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are multiple references to the original Sherlock Holmes stories within this game. Knowledge of the characters and places in Doyle's Victorian London aren't necessary to thoroughly enjoy this game. I was curious, how many players have read any of the stories...

Poll
Sherlock Holmes Stories
How many of the Sherlock Holmes stories by Arthur Conan Doyle have you read?
None
One
A Couple
Many
      131 answers
Poll created by kaosconman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco F.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It was long time ago, however, and I do not have fresh memory of these stories...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read The Hounds of the Baskervilles, but only sought it out having enjoying this game so much. I thoroughly enjoyed it as well, so I plan on picking up more of the short stories in the future - and (hopefully) sitting down to tackle case ten this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Webber
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was hoping for an "All" selection...lol..Have read all of them, multiple times. Love them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And if you really want to go deeper into each story or novel you can buy not one but 2 different annotated versions! These explain a lot that you might otherwise miss including puzzling things in the stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormpeak13 wrote:
Was hoping for an "All" selection...lol..Have read all of them, multiple times. Love them.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fbinder wrote:
Stormpeak13 wrote:

+1

+2

Oh and have watched pretty much all the movies/ tv shows as well from Basil Rathbone on. Including the modern day spin offs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Watson
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had read only one or two prior to getting into the game...now I have the complete collection from B&N, and have read through all. Great game, and a gateway to great literature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
Oh and have watched pretty much all the movies/ tv shows as well from Basil Rathbone on. Including the modern day spin offs.

I as well. Although I'm still a bit behind on Benedict Cumberbatch's Sherlock.

In addition, I have listened to as many as I could find of the 30-minute New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Old Time Radio episodes from the 1940's, many with Basil Rathbone (the best Holmes ever). Love them! Very creative writers they had. I downloaded all that I could find, sorted, and ID3 tagged them all. I could share them if anyone was interested, as they are all in the public domain.

I am looking into different file sharing options, as my partially full DropBox account is only two gigs, and may not hold the entire radio show collection (1.87 gigs).

Let me know if you're interested.

Oh, and here is a link to some of the episodes:

http://www.oldradioworld.com/shows/Sherlock_Holmes.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's 138 eps.

https://archive.org/details/OTR_Sherlock_Holmes_smurfmeat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the 258 episodes that I have, all sorted and tagged. Included is a spreadsheet listing details of each episode (broadcast date, actors, length, etc).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4MvLnV1AMjGVWV6WEhYODlOM1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.