Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really loving this game. Played it three times now with 4 and 5 players and it is so fun.

But one thing I noticed in playing is that it looks like it will be very easy to have the cards fray as they are picked up, moved around, cards slid underneath them, etc. (I hate to say that the component quality is probably the only weakness in this game).

So I decided to sleeve the cards last night.

And discovered that the bags that are provided in the game for the cards no longer fit!

I'll have to scrounge up some other ones somewhere. And of course the insert's going to have to go.

Yes, I know, first world problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Prater
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Ultra Pro Deck Boxes in 4 different colors, works perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arch City Zach wrote:

Are those snug-fitting? I admit part of the problem is that the sleeves are a little bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get rid of the plain white cardboard insert. Thats what I did after sleeving with FFG grey/standard sleeves. Everything fits great now !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Just get rid of the plain white cardboard insert. Thats what I did after sleeving with FFG grey/standard sleeves. Everything fits great now !

No, I meant the cards don't fit in the bags! The insert's not the problem.

That being said, if I have a friend of mine make me a foam insert, then that will solve my problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stansel
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I also used ultra pro deck boxes and they hold the cards well. Chuck the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still managed to fit them in the baggies, even after sleeving, but they are thin sleeves. It seemed to work best to put about half of the stack in a bag and then slide in the rest.

I've since built an insert, my first, and keep meaning to post a few pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Prater
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:

Yeah, that insert was gone the second day of Origins when I picked up my game. A custom insert would be fun, or maybe Broken Token or Meeple Reality will get one together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
Arch City Zach wrote:

Are those snug-fitting? I admit part of the problem is that the sleeves are a little bigger.

I always sleeve my cards with the "perfect fit" by Ultra Pro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.