Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the event I have 3 or more floating planets on the table and a player wishes to connect 2 but when swinging them toward each other they must temporarily or permanently displace a third or more, is this allowed? For example to swing past one planet will swing through another to get to the desired planet. Or further, the two plants will only join if they displaced a third floating planet. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if your examples involve fixed systems or not, but in general these rules from pg 13 should cover things:
- Fixed systems don't move.
- You can move any Floating systems on your turn.
- Floating systems when swinging may not be picked off the board.

So if a floating planet has to swing through a fixed planet, then that's not allowed as you'd be picking it up off the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having checked the rules on this (page 13), it says:

Quote:
When a System Disc is only connected to one other System, it's Floating': On your turn, you may swing any Floating System as long as it remains connected to the System to which it's connected. You may want to swing a Floating System to make room for a new System or to make a Connection between Systems.

When swinging a Floating System, you may not pick it up off the board, it can only swing around the single System to which it's connected. As soon as a System is connected to two other Systems, it is Fixed in place and can no longer be moved.

As such the only restriction seems to be the Systems MUST remain connected to the System that it was discovered from (i.e.: the Space Lanes cannot be disconnected).

As such, provided you can move the 3rd system in such a way it remains connected to its single connected System, I believe it is then possible to connect the other two systems.

I suspect the one time this cannot work is if 'rotating' a system would cause its Space Lane to cross over an existing Space Lane - even if that Space Lane is attached to the same connecting system.

Thats how I would play it, as that's how I interpret the rules on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:

- Floating systems when swinging may not be picked off the board.

If I'm reading the original post correctly, it sounds like this is the relevant part of the rules. If you have to pick up the lane/planet to set it back down into position on the other side of an obstacle, then that is not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Technically it doesn't say that you can't pick up and reposition a floating planet as long as it and it's space lane stay connected to the original planet, but I could see GF9 ruling that once it's on the table, it has to stay down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
It actually says that exactly on page 13:

Quote:
When swinging a Floating System, you may not pick it up off the board, it can only swing around the single System to which it is connected....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.