Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Place you friendly wagers now.

Mine:

$300 minimum. It's not going lower than that.

Edit: I don't think this includes shipping by the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greysbull
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, at least $300, shipping included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go $350, shipped in one of the major regions. Then there will be some stretch goals that will get you bonus plastic but no bonus gameplay stuff.

I'll also say it's a long shot that we see a bunch of expansions or reprints and/or some kind of "I want everything" pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha!

Well, I'm sticking with mine- $250 + shipping. Does anyone know what USA shipping was from the store? If so, I'd call it whatever number that is.

...So, yeah, probably about $300.

BTW, price is right rules, I assume?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you buy another copy if it was $300? I dunno why but i'd feel compelled to do so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LRA MOSBA
Mexico
flag msg tools
300 with USA and Europe shipping (with some exception). RoW will need to pay the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Connell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Just out of curiosity, why would we think it would go below $400?

(I'm assuming you all know something that I don't. I would like to know that thing as well.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Because there've often been discounts, and it would make a big splash/get a decent quantity of the print run sold/be a good measure of how large a print run is/have some of the run covered before printing. Basically, in a world without infinite initial capital, there are a lot of advantages to a discount.

Re: buying another copy, probably not, no. I'd certainly get any update, and depending on how much it came with (i.e. a full rulebook), I might get two copies to have another copy in good condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Randolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say $300 as well. I would mill around the idea of getting another copy just to have "backup" components, but I think the upgrade kit is all I'm gonna drop for. Lantern Featival probably won't be cheap anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
I think itll be $350. Hopefully we wont have long to wait and find out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Ha!

Well, I'm sticking with mine- $250 + shipping. Does anyone know what USA shipping was from the store? If so, I'd call it whatever number that is.

...So, yeah, probably about $300.

BTW, price is right rules, I assume?

(this is the part where you cave into peer pressure and accept that we are right fyi )

Joking aside, yes, it shipped from the US for the first one. Poots was setting up warehouses to ship across the world with the original kickstarter. He set up warehouses and then shipped to various warehouses/regions across the world in a staged process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
toconnell wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why would we think it would go below $400?

(I'm assuming you all know something that I don't. I would like to know that thing as well.)

I'm going based upon kickstarter being a sort of discounted medium. But KD:M already had a run and it proved to be far more expensive than originally conceived. I think there will be a discount but nothing like some people here think the discount will be. I don't think Adam can nor will take that sort of hit (even if it's kickstarter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kickstarter take a cut too 5% plus an additional 3-5% payment charges, that's a nice discount gone right there. I wouldn't be surprised if the discount wasn't their primary choice of promotion, instead choosing to use exclusives and large amounts of additional low price content.

Edit: $380 minimum, plus flat rate shipping for game only $20-30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I don't really understand why he'd go for a kickstarter with the base game alone (no new stuff). Wouldn't it be more advantageous to just do preorders on the KDM website? He'd cut out the middleman, i.e. Kickstarter. Maybe it's for promotional purposes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
Mockerre wrote:
I don't really understand why he'd go for a kickstarter with the base game alone (no new stuff). Wouldn't it be more advantageous to just do preorders on the KDM website? He'd cut out the middleman, i.e. Kickstarter. Maybe it's for promotional purposes?

I would agree about backtracking to KS on this, but there are a few noteable reasons he might have for doing so.

1) Optional upgrades to the core. Such as a better hunt track stock, hardback rulebook, alternative models for the monsters.

2) New expac stretch goals. While keeping the old expacs limited to the shop he could also open up some additional funding lines for upcoming expacs like the Screaming God and whatever the Ivory Carver location will be. He "says" it will be for core only...but this IS Poots. What is said and what actually happens can be varied quite a bit and mostly in our favor.

3) Publicity. KDM is still very niche. How many threads have we seen on this very forum from people who've just dicovered the game and are wondering when a reprint will occur? KS is a publicity area, where people go to show off what they've done and try to get new consumers interested. Poots has a devoted fanbase, but there is no reason why he should not try to gain more through KS. If he limits his reprint offerings to the online store it might hinder new consumer acquisition.

4) Supply. Tied in with the publicity idea is the supply. Print runs get cheaper the more you order. If the new KS gets the same market run as his first one did, it will reduce the overhead they have to pay. That overhead is already cheaper due to the manufactories already possessing everything necessary to produce, so the real question is how much should he order. A KS will give him a ballpark as to how much demand is still around for the product, and whether he should ask for a run of 1000, 5000, or 10000 units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Living Dead
msg tools
mbmbmb
200-250$ Just like in a black friday, it may not be more expensive than in the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Guerrero
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mb
vempi wrote:
200-250$ Just like in a black friday, it may not be more expensive than in the store.

+1000

It's not the same buying the game in the web and gettin it in 2-3 weeks than backing a KS and having to wait for unexpected delays (and probably some months or years...). I think 200-250$ plus shipping is a fair amount. And some discount on the expansion that are being re-printed with the core box too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
vempi wrote:

Wow. We got someone who has gone lower than spiralingcadaver.

Stop the planet from rotating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alberto_gm87 wrote:
vempi wrote:

+1000

It's not the same buying the game in the web and gettin it in 2-3 weeks than backing a KS and having to wait for unexpected delays (and probably some months or years...). I think 200-250$ plus shipping is a fair amount. And some discount on the expansion that are being re-printed with the core box too.

Care to bet some on that prediction? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget that business runs on cash flow. Kickstarter bank rolls you in a shorter amount of time than preorders (essentially a P500 system). They likely don't have the cash to run another print right now and will need to raise that before they can restock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Guerrero
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mb
grant5 wrote:
alberto_gm87 wrote:
vempi wrote:

+1000

Care to bet some on that prediction? devil

On the delay? All in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.