Subject: A few questions after two plays... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorenzo Carnevale
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) Recast - unless explicitly told by the effect allowing you to recast, it always means UNSPENT tokens, right?
2) If I can't do anything sensible with my combat result, I must pass, right? Worst offender is when 'vanilla' Laurel gets Shield/Surge/Surge and has initiative. (Her surge ability lets her recast a spent token).
3) If a cards instructs me to take a trophy, must it be of the same color/type of the card instructing me to do so? If this is the case, what is the point of those events telling you to "discard this card and take a bonus trophy"?
4) If I have 0 (zero) on an attribute stat, do I draw no cards (unless exerting)? (I know, stupid question...)
5) One of Margath's adventure cards states "Players can sell their goods for an extra gold". They do it right when that card is drawn, wherever they are, right?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Solaris wrote:
1) Recast - unless explicitly told by the effect allowing you to recast, it always means UNSPENT tokens, right?

True
Solaris wrote:
2) If I can't do anything sensible with my combat result, I must pass, right? Worst offender is when 'vanilla' Laurel gets Shield/Surge/Surge and has initiative. (Her surge ability lets her recast a spent token).

No, you can spend a surge token to recast that same token with the surge symbol on it. So, basically, so it kind of works like a re-flip there.
Solaris wrote:
3) If a cards instructs me to take a trophy, must it be of the same color/type of the card instructing me to do so? If this is the case, what is the point of those events telling you to "discard this card and take a bonus trophy"?

When a card tells you to take a trophy, then you can take any kind. It will tell you to take a particular type when you are limited to that type.
Solaris wrote:
4) If I have 0 (zero) on an attribute stat, do I draw no cards (unless exerting)? (I know, stupid question...)

True
Solaris wrote:
5) One of Margath's adventure cards states "Players can sell their goods for an extra gold". They do it right when that card is drawn, wherever they are, right?

Yes, resolve the text of that card immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Carnevale
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Solaris wrote:

No, you can spend a surge token to recast that same token with the surge symbol on it. So, basically, so it kind of works like a re-flip there.
Yet I can think that it could happen that you have no valid actions , right?

Another 2 questions :
- what happens if an effect removes a 'doubled' token? Does the 'doubler' remain in play , considered unspent?
- can I use CONVERSION (the ability that lets you remove a skull from the enemy pool and deal 1 damage) on a doubled skull?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Solaris wrote:
Another 2 questions :
- what happens if an effect removes a 'doubled' token? Does the 'doubler' remain in play , considered unspent?

Yes, it's in the Rules Reference in the section where the doubler token is analyzed. Putting a token on the doubler doesn't mean the doubler is spent. Thus, if the token atop of the doubler is removed, you may place another token on it, and they are both spent at the same time

Solaris wrote:

- can I use CONVERSION (the ability that lets you remove a skull from the enemy pool and deal 1 damage) on a doubled skull?

from the FAQ:

Q. Can I use the Conversion skill card to deal damage to an enemy even if there is not a single damage symbol in its pool?
A. No. There must be a single damage symbol to remove or the damage
cannot be dealt.

Keyword here is "single": a 2-skull token doesn't count
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Solaris wrote:
Yet I can think that it could happen that you have no valid actions , right?

In your scenario, you had one available action, and depending on the result of the second flip, you may have an attack, that you can make. Otherwise, you just get the surge side again.

Assuming that you have no other cards that let you use surge abilities, then yes, you must now pass. The monster's controller can now play until they too run out of actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.