Subject: Foamcore Insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one has been on my to-do list for a while and I finally got around to it this week. There's actually quite a bit of room in the box so I could get a bit elaborate with it.

Layer 1 & 2

Layer 3 & 4

Captain Labels & Setup

Basic dimensions are provided below. Click through to see them in full size. If you want the full measurements or vectors for a cutting machine there's a link to the DXF file as well.

Assembly Animation

DXF File
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HzZM8n0IsVSHBiOGszcTBNbms...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mukow CPg
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work! I'm new to foam core inserts but it seems DoW demands one. I have a couple questions:

1. Are the cards sleeved? Hard to tell from the photos.
2. What adhesive do you use? (Sorry, I'm new to this.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to ask away. I was concerned this one wasn't going to garner any attention.

1. The cards are sleeved, though I wasn't able to find properly sized sleeves for the order of battle cards so I cut down some tarot sized ones.

2. I use hot melt glue for my inserts but it does have positives and negatives. It's fairly easy and cheap to acquire and creates a good bond but you have to be fairly quick assembling the pieces or it sets up before it can bond the joints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What sort of equipment or service are able to use the files you provided to cut out the foam core?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally use a laser cutter to make the pieces but there are also CNC drag knife cutters out there that will work. If you don't own one of these magical machines my best advice would be to look around for a local makerspace that has a laser cutter. Someone there might cut the pieces for you or even train you to use the machine. Otherwise there are laser cutting services you could use, though they can get a bit pricey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What program are you using for the 3d drawings and the ad animation if you do not mind me asking?

Thanks
Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoskins
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Autodesk Fusion 360, which is fortunately completely free for hobbyists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you
Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.