Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Procopio
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think I read somewhere (nut not on the manufacturer's website) that the miniatures being produced by the makers of Strange Aeons are 32mm in scale, not 25-28mm. Is that correct? This would be very helpful to know before I order any miniature's from them, because I already have some Cthulhu miniatures in 25-28mm scale. Any help much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jvincentp wrote:
I think I read somewhere (nut not on the manufacturer's website) that the miniatures being produced by the makers of Strange Aeons are 32mm in scale, not 25-28mm. Is that correct? This would be very helpful to know before I order any miniature's from them, because I already have some Cthulhu miniatures in 25-28mm scale. Any help much appreciated.

They will sit fine beside the 25mm no problem.
I assume it's some of the old Call of Cthulhu models from Bob Murch?
If so, Strange Aeons are about that scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clinton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ditto to what he said.

The only caution I would toss out is that some of the very old Cthulu stuff is the classic 25mm, and even then it is on the small side. But, IMO, that is more a factor of the old castings than the new stuff as some of the old grenadier minis just being "classic" 25s, and a bit on the small-side at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some pictures of randomly grabbed Strange Aeons figures from the kick starter compared to some other figures I had handy.

Those are Warlord plastic grenadiers. They are dwarfed by the Strange Aeons figures.

Those are Black Scorpion wild west (except the one-eyed Fat Man, can't remember who made him but I think it is Crusader). They fit in a bit better, but note they are on thicker bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Clinton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I picture is worth a 1000 they say.

I did not realize the Warlord figures were closer to 25s...and it would seem the Strange Aeons stuff really is 28mm+

I guess with mostly crittrers, it is hard to tell in my collection.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Procopio
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the pictures. That kind of comparison was exactly what I hoped to see. The "Strange Aeons" figures appear to, indeed, be 32mm, making them awkward companions to most every other lines' 28mm scale minis. Guess I'm going to skip buying the "Strange Aeons" minis despite liking the looks of them.

Regardless, thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked this thread up.

If anyone looking for other types of Mythos miniatures, than there is a BGG wiki;
Call of Cthulhu miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I needed some Shoggth quickly and cheeply, so I made some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.