Popular Tags: [View All]
John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the space tactics cards is the "Unstoppable Assault" card. My question is, is this card a preventative card only or can it be played in reaction to a player who has already used another card to block damage?

Example, I roll my dice in combat to attack you and assign the damage. You play a "block" card of some sort. Can I then play the Unstoppable Assault card (assuming I have rolled the appropriate die), and retroactively cancel your block and end up inflicting the damage after all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sequence of actions in combat prevents that. You do ALL your actions - including card play, then the target does ALL their blocking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, be very careful about the timing here. The process of attacking essentially is:

1: Attacker rolls dice.
2: Attacker plays attacking tactics cards and/or draws tactics cards via lightsaber results, assigning any damage from the cards to defending ships.
3: Attacker assigns all remaining damage dice to defending ships.
4: Defender now plays blocking tactics cards.
5: Any unblocked damage is converted to tokens and defending ships that took enough damage are moved to the sheet to indicate they'll be destroyed later.
6: Repeat steps 1-5 once with the Attacker and Defender reversed.
7: Destroy ships that were destroyed in this round and move to the next Combat step (either the Ground Step if this was the Space Step, or the Retreat Step if this was the Ground Step).

So the timing of cards is very separated. Check the Combat section of the RRG for more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Snow
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
University of Utah - Go Utes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for all the responses. I re-read the sequence of combat rules again and it indeed clears this up as you say. Many thanks. Just getting into the game and find it very good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.