Popular Tags: [View All]
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say that I fulfilled the Stores contract. If I decided that I didn't want to use it now (I want to save it for later in the game), when in my turn can I use it? Presumably at any time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you have to use the benifets of contract cards as soon as they are completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, it was this line in the rules that confused me:
2) Immediately use the power of the card if you wish to do so;

I thought it meant you could keep it for later, but it just means use it or lose it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the top of page 10 is clearer about the "use it or lose it" part:
Quote:
The cards usually offer a power. the power of a card may only be used immediately upon fulfilling that contract (erecting that building). If it is not used at that time, the power is lost and may not be used at a later time in the game.

A small timing note: you make the choice to use the power, and how, before you reveal the replacement (for neutral contracts).

Distillery is a bit odd; my current interpretation is that you do the action (which might be fulfilling another contract, and its power) before your reveal the next card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How about if a player builds the Distillery as their fifth building? Do they get the extra action or do they lose that ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the extra action - you can always finish out your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
You get the extra action - you can always finish out your turn.

If a player always finishes their turn out, what is the intention of the "... and last building. That player is given the end-of-game card and his turn is immediately over"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. Can't think what I wasn't thinking of at the time, but it's clearly wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Dane
msg tools
MisplacedWorker wrote:
How about if a player builds the Distillery as their fifth building? Do they get the extra action or do they lose that ability?

They do get the action. Applying the special power of the contract is still part of the action when you fulfill it. Your turn ends immediately after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.