United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Will you guys be running any tests around Austin over SXSW? I'd love to hop in a game and help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Bailey and Deep will be with us. If there is a place to play I would really like more feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you ever had a desire to exterminate dirty humans that tried to conquer your homeworld? Or perhaps you have a calling to spread across the galaxy and reclaim what is rightfully yours (while also exterminating dirty humans) Or maybe you just want to be a bunch of cool aliens? Then play as the Rival!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh lawd that is a lovely look for this game. Reminds me of Freedom in the Galaxy in all the best ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
Have you ever had a desire to exterminate dirty humans that tried to conquer your homeworld? Or perhaps you have a calling to spread across the galaxy and reclaim what is rightfully yours (while also exterminating dirty humans) Or maybe you just want to be a bunch of cool aliens? Then play as the Rival!

Love this art, Samuel!
To be honest, I was a bit worried u might be going for photo-realistic sci-fi art (like A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game, which i REALLY do not like).

But now I'm stoked!
keep the images coming.
Regards, sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From the beginning we wanted some sort of retro art with modern sensibilities. Kyle Ferrin is doing a fantastic job making it happen.

I will continue to post art as it is finished!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving the art - when are you guys thinking you'll be ready for KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mgnade wrote:
Loving the art - when are you guys thinking you'll be ready for KS?

I will let Patrick answer this one, since the kickstarter is more his purview.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting the miniatures and addons ready is taking a bit longer than I had hoped. I will be starting the Deep campaign once they are at the printer and I feel the layout is mature enough to present to the public. I am aiming for late April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenM wrote:
Getting the miniatures and addons ready is taking a bit longer than I had hoped. I will be starting the Deep campaign once they are at the printer and I feel the layout is mature enough to present to the public. I am aiming for late April.

Wow, I would have expected more time needed for development...When did you start? Very. Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been toying around with it in the summer of 2016 and I commissioned the design on the way back from Gencon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel - It looks like you've done quite a bit of playtesting with your group. How many times has the game been playtested externally or how many blind playtests? Will you be opening it up to the public at all? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. I was guessing it was going to be further out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
R4D6 wrote:
Samuel - It looks like you've done quite a bit of playtesting with your group. How many times has the game been playtested externally or how many blind playtests? Will you be opening it up to the public at all? Thanks.

I've done 40+ games now with various people and groups. We have yet to start doing external playtesting or blind play tests. When I get back from our con run to Pax East and SXSW, I will be focusing on getting a print and play together and sending that out to whoever is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That being said I am impressed with the variety of people he has played it with. We also played with several groups at Con of the North and got positive feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
Disclaimer: Not an actual cat
badge
50 Shades of Fur
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
R4D6 wrote:

I've done 40+ games now with various people and groups. We have yet to start doing external playtesting or blind play tests. When I get back from our con run to Pax East and SXSW, I will be focusing on getting a print and play together and sending that out to whoever is interested.

Do you have enough poor, lonely boardgamers to test the solo aspects? Or nit-picking editors or proofreaders for the text aspects?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some sad news. I don't think it will work with 1 yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

A draft of the cover!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salman Qaisar
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice cover!
although having some of the aliens from the earlier pic in background, would be nice too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Miller
United States
Logan
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am getting really excited about this one! I can't get over how perfect this collaboration is for me. I love FS and Trove[Vast]!

And April!? Really!!?

It's interesting how this one is flying under the radar while Rising Sun is burning BGG and KS up.

We need to get the word out when the time has come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Graham-Macht
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
There's a great group of people here in the North Jersey area that love play testing! We'd be happy to help if able
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to playtest Deep last night at PAX East. I'm one of the few people that can say they've played a 3 player version and won as the Empire.

It definitely delivers so if you're in this thread keep an eye out for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Hopefully we will be sorting a tts mod that will allow people to help playtest/try out the game. I'm super excited as it will be my first chance to try it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jgrahammacht wrote:
There's a great group of people here in the North Jersey area that love play testing! We'd be happy to help if able

When we get back home from our convention run, I'll be putting together a print and play. Would love to have you give it a try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:
Hopefully we will be sorting a tts mod that will allow people to help playtest/try out the game. I'm super excited as it will be my first chance to try it

After I get the print and play done, hopefully we can get a tts mod up for it as well. The more testing the better! I am not one to shy away from feedback and constructive criticism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.