Recommend
75 
 Thumb up
 Hide
171 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: Deep - An Asymmetrical Sci-Fi 1X/1X/1X/1X Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for playing, Mike. You commanded the Empire in excellent fashion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
jgrahammacht wrote:
There's a great group of people here in the North Jersey area that love play testing! We'd be happy to help if able


When we get back home from our convention run, I'll be putting together a print and play. Would love to have you give it a try!

Looking forward to the PnP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to hearing what you think, Colin. Your analysis of Forbidden Stars was always quite helpful!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Looking forward to the PnP/TTS, this looks awesome and sounds conceptually amazing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I am back from con madness, going from straight from Pax East to SXSW. My focus is now on the print and play, and I hope to have it available by the end of this week or the start of next.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Awesome to hear. Hope the cons went well
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:
Awesome to hear. Hope the cons went well


It was a little exhausting to be on the road for two weeks, and there was the getting caught in a snow storm in Boston, but over all it was quite enjoyable. Got to see a little bit of some new cities, and meet old friends and make new ones.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Update on the Print and Play: Things are progressing nicely, but there is a delay in getting the official icons. Since I want to have the icons up to date, the PNP should be released the beginning of next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am amazed at how quickly you are moving this along. Is this your only project at the moment? Do you have any other major time commitments--like a day job?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I may Sam is currently just freelancing.

What impresses me about Sam (and myself) is he can discuss an idea and be prototyping it very quickly. Possibly one of the advantages of asymmetry is the fast prototyping. Maybe?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Patrick said, I am doing freelance. While I do have other projects I am tinkering with, Deep is my primary focus and has been for a number of months. Brain storming and prototyping is definitely one of my strengths, though I find my biggest holdup in the process to be playtesting. Its hard to get people together to play each iteration so I can move on to the next.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Im so excited for this. Have been ever since i got that good look at it a few weeks ago
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: So the PNP is taking longer than expected to get together. Icons are all figured out, files are all updated, but the rules are taking longer then I wanted because I am bad at focusing on so much writing at one time. #adhdproblems

I am chugging through it though, and as soon as I am done it will be at your disposal. Some happy news though! There is an official BGG page up for Deep - https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/224692/deep-enemy-fr...

And we are also working on a Tabletop Simulator version of the PNP so that we can save the environment and your time if you would rather play it there rather than print it out yourself.

Cheers!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to the PNP! We are just digging into Vast and my appetite is whetted for more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
and fan'd
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuel Bailey wrote:
And we are also working on a Tabletop Simulator version of the PNP so that we can save the environment and your time if you would rather play it there rather than print it out yourself.


Crap. I'm pretty lazy, and printing out the PNP was probably going to be a real challenge. Now it's just getting my CC out to pay for Tabletop Simulator.

Winner... Steam.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Ridel wrote:
Samuel Bailey wrote:
And we are also working on a Tabletop Simulator version of the PNP so that we can save the environment and your time if you would rather play it there rather than print it out yourself.


Crap. I'm pretty lazy, and printing out the PNP was probably going to be a real challenge. Now it's just getting my CC out to pay for Tabletop Simulator.

Winner... Steam.


Yeah TTS is really cool for stuff like this and I'm really excited to work on this mod
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:
Ridel wrote:
Samuel Bailey wrote:
And we are also working on a Tabletop Simulator version of the PNP so that we can save the environment and your time if you would rather play it there rather than print it out yourself.


Crap. I'm pretty lazy, and printing out the PNP was probably going to be a real challenge. Now it's just getting my CC out to pay for Tabletop Simulator.

Winner... Steam.


Yeah TTS is really cool for stuff like this and I'm really excited to work on this mod


It has its place...but it doesn't come close to playing a physical copy with people around a table.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
garry_rice wrote:


It has its place...but it doesn't come close to playing a physical copy with people around a table.


For sure but when its a choice between 15 dollars for tts to play unlimited of these or god knows how much each time you wanna print off one of these
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Long
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubbalubber wrote:
garry_rice wrote:


It has its place...but it doesn't come close to playing a physical copy with people around a table.


For sure but when its a choice between 15 dollars for tts to play unlimited of these or god knows how much each time you wanna print off one of these


Wait, am I missing something? Isn't the TTS on Steam $20 and then each game costs anywhere from $5 to $15 on top of that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sinnylong wrote:
Bubbalubber wrote:
garry_rice wrote:


It has its place...but it doesn't come close to playing a physical copy with people around a table.


For sure but when its a choice between 15 dollars for tts to play unlimited of these or god knows how much each time you wanna print off one of these


Wait, am I missing something? Isn't the TTS on Steam $20 and then each game costs anywhere from $5 to $15 on top of that?


Official DLC games cost extra. The fan made or playtest-type stuff found in the "Workshop" section is all free.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Long
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
sinnylong wrote:
Bubbalubber wrote:
garry_rice wrote:


It has its place...but it doesn't come close to playing a physical copy with people around a table.


For sure but when its a choice between 15 dollars for tts to play unlimited of these or god knows how much each time you wanna print off one of these


Wait, am I missing something? Isn't the TTS on Steam $20 and then each game costs anywhere from $5 to $15 on top of that?


Official DLC games cost extra. The fan made or playtest-type stuff found in the "Workshop" section is all free.


Ah yes. I see. Thanks for the clarification.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For the near future I have authorized the content to be free. I think whatever I might possibly lose in sales is more than made up for in good will and advertising. I need someone to run a company parallel to mine and do the opposite and we will see what the difference is.
11 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
saykhia
Australia
flag msg tools
Just stumbled across this thread from the game's main page. The art is amazing! Has a very SDF Macross aesthetic to it which I love. The main game page should really be updated with as much of the art as possible!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Kyle finishes more art, more art will be added! He will be pleased that you like the art so much
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.