Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
New to the party, and already thoroughly indoctrinated. Keep up the good stuff, despite the fact that I'm already sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreybetween wrote:
New to the party, and already thoroughly indoctrinated. Keep up the good stuff, despite the fact that I'm already sold.

Don't worry. I am not one to rest on my laurels...at least not until I've made a ton of money first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1st draft of the rules are done (sorry for the wait). Going to have some internal editing and then hopefully release the PNP to the wild for you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed off on the being released. Should be pretty quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Its live.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/25599156#25599156

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Samuel Bailey wrote:

looks like "While humanity if your enemy, some humans also seek" should read as "While humanity is your enemy, some humans also seek"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Noted and corrected. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paradox Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the thread and the original post for the first time. I LOVE the art deco look to the art
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
Paradox Games wrote:
Just saw the thread and the original post for the first time. I LOVE the art deco look to the art

Yeah Kyle's art style is amazing. I was so happy when I found out he was doing the art for this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Blomquist
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting, I'm not one for doing print and plays but I might be curious enough to try this one. In the meantime, a couple of things.

For one, similar to what someone else above said, in the 'mobilize' section for the empire, in sentence three, you write "then is that sector is unexplored..." and I assume you want "then if that sector is unexplored..."

Also, I'm unsure about one thing from the usurper. It seems like everything makes the action markers go down. The rules don't actually say this, but I assume that if they try to go down when they're at the bottom, they return to the top? This is the only thing that makes sense or eventually you could only do anything to the captain, as the bottom actions always affect the captain. But it never explicitly says that that's how it works. If I'm right and that's how it works, you should definitely make that explicit. And if I'm wrong then I'm very confused about how the usurper is supposed to work.

The game looks interesting though. It's hard to tell exactly how well it will work just from the rules, but I'm going to continue keeping an eye on it (and I'll echo what others have been saying, the art is great).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also play it on TTS if you don't want to produce a set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Gutiérrez Palacios
msg tools
The style of art is awesome. As soon as i can print the rules and read quietly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Jake,

Sorry I missed your post. I didn't see another on my subscription notice.

Good point about the action markers. You are correct that they do wrap around from bottom to top, so I definitely need to add that in there. Thanks for noticing. Hopefully that solves any confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hinson
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam,

I was wondering if you guys will have a prototype ready for Origins...I spoke with you at Con of the North about Deep and it sounds amazing.

Patrick,

Good luck and keep up the good work, Vast was fun and can't wait to see it with all of the miniatures from the kickstarter.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be at Origins with a prototype to play. I would be happy to include you in a game, if possible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to get to try this out at Origins. It's one of those games where you know you don't quite grasp it all yet, but at the same time it's very obvious you're playing something amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leder
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which begs the question what can we do to fix that issue? I do think there is something unique here I just want it to be more accessible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a reference card would be helpful for each player that depicts how the 4 X's interact with each other. We were all relatively aware that "Person A" was the closest to winning, but we were not always sure what we could do to stop that. For example, the "Rival" player several times would say "I'm attacking the Usurper", but then would play the cards that allow him to attack the Empire, or vice versa.

Something else that might be useful for beginner players is if you could somehow create a scoring chart where it's easy to see a summary of everyone's current progress in one spot. Each player learned their own dashboard, but didn't have time to learn everyone else's. So, I think we all just kind of assumed the person with the most blocks on their dashboard is in the lead and we should go for them.

One thing that happened, at least in our game, was that the Citizen and the Empire seemingly had no motivation for attacking/stopping the other. They may be different X's, but they each technically belong to the same faction so the players said they felt like they were on the same team. I understand the Citizen has "gone rogue" and isn't following the orders he was given, but that doesn't inherently make him a turncoat so to speak.

Is that useful/helpful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alice Penn Howard
msg tools
DeathWarden wrote:
I think a reference card would be helpful for each player that depicts how the 4 X's interact with each other. We were all relatively aware that "Person A" was the closest to winning, but we were not always sure what we could do to stop that. For example, the "Rival" player several times would say "I'm attacking the Usurper", but then would play the cards that allow him to attack the Empire, or vice versa.

Something else that might be useful for beginner players is if you could somehow create a scoring chart where it's easy to see a summary of everyone's current progress in one spot. Each player learned their own dashboard, but didn't have time to learn everyone else's. So, I think we all just kind of assumed the person with the most blocks on their dashboard is in the lead and we should go for them.

One thing that happened, at least in our game, was that the Citizen and the Empire seemingly had no motivation for attacking/stopping the other. They may be different X's, but they each technically belong to the same faction so the players said they felt like they were on the same team. I understand the Citizen has "gone rogue" and isn't following the orders he was given, but that doesn't inherently make him a turncoat so to speak.

Is that useful/helpful?

yeah thats something I found while playing that I quite like. The captain and the empire have a bit of a symbiotic relationship and so do the usurper and the rivals. I quite like the dynamic and think thematically it works pretty well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gnade
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Captain is the name now (instead of Survivor) which I think makes more sense and makes him feel a little more threatening.

I'm all for reference cards though. It's definitely important to be able to know where the other players are on their win conditions so you can stop them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.