Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

The Great War» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter backers of the German and French versions, time to wake up! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
Haute-Savoie, Rhône-Alpes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only way of getting our game or at least a refund is to put pressure on Kickstarter to ban PSC Games. I encourage all backers to write to KS something along the lines of this message:

I have pledged "The Great War", from Will Townshend, PSC Games more than one year ago. My pledge was for the French version of the game. More than one year after the English version was released, the French (and German) versions are still nowhere to be seen. Worse: PSC Games, despite numerous public requests on the project's page and private requests too from many backers, here and on boardgamegeek.com, have not bothered to provide any answer. No explanation, no attempt to propose a refund: nothing.

I am amazed to see that PSC Games have actually started another campaign on Kickstarter, even though they haven't held their promises in their 1st campaign for the backers of the French and German versions.

Under these conditions, I will definitely refrain from backing ANY project on Kickstarter unless and until a solution is found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
badge
Solo Gaming Reviews and Commentary
mbmbmbmbmb
pmiranda wrote:
I will definitely refrain from backing ANY project on Kickstarter unless and until a solution is found.

And there's your solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
One year delay only on the kickstarter campaign and you already start to complain? devil

I backed (among many other projects) the kickstarter for gripmats, don't even remember back when, due delivery date march 2014 (yes, fourteen, quatorze, vertien) and for some time now we get silence, unsure what will happen but I still have some faith that the goods will appear on my doorstep anytime soon. (I'm naive like that )

But I also backed many other projects, mostly games and they all got delivered, almost always late. But they all arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a question of mobilizing enough people to put pressure on them. At least it's worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely call it a good and moral business move for PSC to offer partial refunds on the German/French sales . . . but given that they have (more or less) met their targets on the Tanks expansion and QG:VoD, I do not really think you have much grounds for banning them from KS. One of the risks with a KS is that you commit your money and it does not work out . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I see it, if KS accept that companies keep using their platform when they treat their customers like that, KS become their partners in crime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
pmiranda wrote:
The way I see it, if KS accept that companies keep using their platform when they treat their customers like that, KS become their partners in crime.

I think you're a little bit overreacting, Pierre. No offense.

By this standard, I wouldn't have an internet provider at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree...PSC has dropped the ball on providing the French and German translations. Having said that, it's a normal risk of any KS offer. I do believe that PSC will make good on their promise...eventually. Have you all contacted PSC directly vs posting here or on KS site? I had an issue with them on some missing items and they were prompt and courteous in replacing them after I posted directly to their email account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KS response: "If you spot something you’d like to bring to our attention, the easiest thing to do is use the “Report this project” button at the bottom of each project page. We have a dedicated Integrity team that reviews concerns about projects on the site, so they’ll look into this."

I can only encourage other backers to report the project. Maybe PSC will finally do something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Agree...PSC has dropped the ball on providing the French and German translations. Having said that, it's a normal risk of any KS offer. I do believe that PSC will make good on their promise...eventually. Have you all contacted PSC directly vs posting here or on KS site? I had an issue with them on some missing items and they were prompt and courteous in replacing them after I posted directly to their email account.

Once I had an issue too with the English version of the Tank Expansion that wasn't sent to me and eventually, after mailing them several times, I called them. Not only did I receive it quickly afterwards, I even got two extra tanks to compensate for the inconvenience.

Of course this is a slightly different situation as it applies to ALL backers of the French and German versions, but I'd say try giving them a call!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering PSC don't answer on Kickstarter, on consimworld, or on boardgamegeek, I have sent them an email (info@theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk). Other backers feel free to do the same. Strength in numbers, they say!

I might try the phone if I don't get any answer either to my email (which is likely).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comrade Gavski
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
....way out!
mbmbmbmbmb
Go for it

I think it is a much better option to get in touch with PSC directly with any questions or issues, than posting these on different forums first

I personally had some broken guns on my tanks, and their service (through Anita) was actually very friendly and fast, providing me with replacements I needed.

Although it seems something has gone bad with the different translations of the rules, I would expect that you will get some info on the current status by getting in touch with them directly.

As it was suggested above, I also think that if I were you I would simply call them and ask
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I direct email to PSC vs posting on the various boards has worked exceedingly well for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I FINALLY managed to get an answer from PSC (Will) after calling them on the phone. I'm summarizing it here for my fellow backers of the French and German versions:

* PSC still intends to honor its promise and produce the FR and GE versions
* The initial French publisher supposed to carry out the translation let them down
* A second French publisher who also expressed interest eventually let them down as well
* PSC say they think they are making progress with their search for a reliable partner

In summary, all hope is not lost!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to our French and German friends! Hope this works out favorably... And soon...for you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tumbleweed rolls by - I think it seems fair to ask whether anyone had heard anything if and when German and French Versions (I backed the German Version) will be finished? Did by coincidence someone at Salute hear anything?

I - for my part - lost confidence that it will ever be fulfilled properly and seek to consequently avoid PSC KS campaigns in the future. However, I have a last glimmer of hope that one day maybe there will be a German Version...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Miranda
France
Contamine sur Arve
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I'm in the same situation. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It is a shame really. But I will follow your good example, Pierre, and give them a ring or drop them a line. Maybe there are some news but Will is not willing to share them
That communication with KS backers is not PSC's strong suit (I exempt Anita from PSC from that - she is very friendly and helpful there!), one can observe at the recent Battle of Britain KS. I am more than curious if this KS will be fulfilled completely. Although many backers chose to pledge for various additional plane models, there was no dedicated pledge manager to indicate quantities and accordingly sort that out for PSC easily. I am really more than curious how this will turn out.

But that is not for here. It just underlines what I said before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.