Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The iOS version of this game has REALLY impressed me. It's a wonderful, interesting, challenging game with a small footprint and some great balance.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that I never fence. Money is as hard to get as guns, so I just get guns directly from the radio stations. If I were going to change anything about the game, the fence would convert food or medicine to guns, perhaps with a morale loss (like the black market). I don't know if a morale loss is necessary, though, because it is in a riskier location than the black market.

As designed, I don't think it's a very good option to fence, ever. Anyone disagree?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to agree with you, but I did find myself using the Fence once in my game yesterday.

I was working on the Aid the Spy, and had been almost wiped out in Turn 1, so I was severely short on Resistance workers later in the game. When the placement of a Patrol would prevent me from using the Radios to grab a weapon, I was forced to Fence a weapon instead due to the timing and resources I had on hand.

Situational, and I agree that it could be made more applicable with a few options for trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.