4 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shooting rear arc Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Denmark
flag msg tools
-1 for the defender if the shooter is completely within its rear arc.

As I understand it then to get this bonus Madriga needs to stand in one of the three squares directly behind the target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
fealthas wrote:
-1 for the defender if the shooter is completely within its rear arc.

As I understand it then to get this bonus Madriga needs to stand in one of the three squares directly behind the target?

See Discussion Here:
http://twilight40k.blogspot.com/2016/03/dungeon-saga-arcs-ar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuba Angelos
Jamaica
Washington
flag msg tools
I'd agree here you cannot perform a shoot action on a model that is "adjacent". Even if you were not "pinned" by a fight action. Unlike spells which can be cast without the need of breakaway/free strike.

The better way to say this is simply

to get this bonus Madriga's arrow needs to pass through one of the squares in the rear arc Of the model being shot at via an unobstructed LoS.

If you were to shoot from behind on an opponent where your LoS had a table in the way then you'd both face a -1 dice penalty.

This is why facing your guys before ending that pieces turn is so important BTW.

Sadly it seemed like some rules were thrown out there with seemingly the assumption that "you know video games work so you should be able to get what we are thinking", rather that having a good explanation/practical example like twighlight was able to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
AngPSN wrote:

The better way to say this is simply

to get this bonus Madriga's arrow needs to pass through one of the squares in the rear arc Of the model being shot at via an unobstructed LoS.

That expression of the rule does not contain the Large Monster version as part of it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.